cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Cycle

sgrant8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Afternoon! I got a text on June 17 letting me know that my payment is due on June 20. I logged into my Public Mobile account and it states my next payment is in July. I'm not too sure what happened and as a result I have ran out of data for the next month. Is there a way to resolve the miscommunication and get more data to tie me over?

4 REPLIES 4

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sgrant8 wrote:

Afternoon! I got a text on June 17 letting me know that my payment is due on June 20. I logged into my Public Mobile account and it states my next payment is in July. I'm not too sure what happened and as a result I have ran out of data for the next month. Is there a way to resolve the miscommunication and get more data to tie me over?

There was a message posted about SMS messages being sent out with false information. Here's the link if you want to take a look:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Select-customers-receiving-erroneous-SM...

I'm not sure if they are offering any data compensation if you've accidentally used yours all up because the message gave you the false idea that your cycle was nearly done, but you can try asking the moderators. It's worth a try. Here's the contact link for the moderators. It can take up to 48 hours to hear back from them, however.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Otherwise, you'll need to either buy a data add-on (200mb for $10, or 1 gig for $30) to tie you over until your actual renewal. If you do purchase the add-on, any unused data will transfer over to the following month until used up.

The only other option I know of is that you can have your pay cycle restarted right away, but if you choose this, you will have to pay the full cost of your plan right away and you forfeit anything left in this current cycle.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Just like @RossN  suggested..ignore. That was a know issue a few days back.

Select customers receiving erroneous SMS reminders

Most Recent Update

17:30 PM ET - June 17, 2019

Today we identified a technical issue in which SMS messages related to payment reminders and renewal dates were incorrectly issued to a select group of customers. Our team is currently working to identify a solution.

If you’ve received a message that you believe is in error, please log in to Self-Serve to verify your account details. These erroneous SMS’s can be safely ignored as they do not impact your payment dates.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sgrant8 wrote:

Except you say your data is out.

Looking in Data & Add-ons on your overview page...do you see a mention of your data and it's quantities. If not then perhaps you've used it all.

Also, what is your renewal day?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@sgrant8 just ignore it was sent in error many people received same message /text in error

Need Help? Let's chat.