cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed 42.56 when I'm told I'll be billed $38

SammieG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why does it say that I'm being billed $38/month in Public Mobile, but my credit card is billed for $42.56/month?

Apr 2, 2021
PUBLIC MOBILE 855-4782542 BC
$42.56
6 REPLIES 6

@darlicious 

Yeah, I though that number might be an impersonal transaction code of some kind.

But it also looks like it might be a phone number. Though now that I look again I notice it starts with 855 - which would be a toll-free commercial "area code" - which would never be issued to a normal subscriber, lol.

@Korth 

If you are referring to the 855 number on the credit card line thats just the merchant number......

@SammieG 

Tax man....gotta pay the taxman!

@SammieG 

A $38 plan plus 12% tax costs $42.56 at point of payment.

So AutoPay will charge $42.56 for a $38 plan. Or you'll need to buy $42.56 in Payment Vouchers to pay $38 into your Self-Serve account balance. It won't be taxed again.

The tax can only be avoided if you have Native Status and buy Payment Vouchers from a vendor on Native Land.

You may want to mask out your phone number in your post. We don't need that information and this is a public internet forum.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@SammieG , all amounts shown in the self serve account are pre-tax amounts.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SammieG wrote:

Why does it say that I'm being billed $38/month in Public Mobile, but my credit card is billed for $42.56/month?

Apr 2, 2021
PUBLIC MOBILE 855-4782542 BC
$42.56

@SammieG ,

Public Mobile Self Serve does not reflect the taxes in the payment history section; but alas, it always is charged. So therefore, you will see it on your credit card charge. 

$38 + 12% tax = $42.56

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

You have to pay taxes on the $38 plan, so your credit card bill reflects the taxes added on to your plan cost.

@SammieG 

Need Help? Let's chat.