cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill

Darkebane
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a question. 

My bill is due on the 20th,but I cannot get to a place to buy time, as we are in a state of emergency right now. 

Which means all non emergency or essential buisness/people are to be closed and stay home.

Is there anyone I could contact at PM to see what I could do to extend my time a day or two, as this is my only contact with family?

50 REPLIES 50

Clive2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Glad all is well

@Darkebane  So very happy your friend had a voucher for you to use and you know you'll have phone service over the next week or so til life gets back to normal. Public mobile has a great community that really looks out for others as I'm sure your local community will be doing by helping neighbours dig themselves out, check on the elderly and those with mobility issues, etc...

When all is said and done if you post a couple pics on our unofficial top Contributers....now snow pics thread in the lounge I'm sure you will "snow blower" us away with some crazy accumulations. Stay warm and safe and bundle up for that next blast coming soon....you and all of Newfoundland and Labrador are in our thoughts.

Darkebane
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am amazed at the generosity of this community! 

Luckily, a friend had a voucher that I was able to use. 

Again I want to thank everyone. 

And for those of you who didn't know. 

The eastern part of newfoundland, Canada was hit by the worst snow storm they have seen in over 49 years. 

Recorded amounts of snow from 50 to 93cm had fallen across the St john's region. 

Those were mixed with wind speeds of 140 - 160kmh, and recorded gusts of 240kmh.

In preparing for the storm (food, water, emergency supplies, etc..) I had forgotten to grab a voucher. 

But all is fixed now!

@darlicious wrote:

@Clive2  Maybe @Darkebane is trying to dig out the 5 feet of snow blocking his door or ensuring his roof doesnt collase under the weight of snow that has accumulated in the past 16 hours. Im sure the least important thing on his mind right now is telling us if hes been able to keep his service active beyond tomorow.

If my math is right it's also 4:00am on the east coast. In their situation I'd probably be fast asleep to get some rest for more shoveling in the morning...

And I sincerely hope that the op has not an overflowing email inbox by now, with a gazillion of "someone replied to your thread" notifications.... 5 pages, geez.

@Clive2  Maybe @Darkebane is trying to dig out the 5 feet of snow blocking his door or ensuring his roof doesnt collapse under the weight of snow that has accumulated in the past 16 hours. Im sure the least important thing on his mind right now is telling us if hes been able to keep his service active beyond tomorow.

Clive2

come on Darkbane, really

Clive2

I agree, and if you look at my earlier posts I wished all the best if peeps want to pay his public bill great I'm happy for him and those giving, all I'm doing is asking questions on the subject, yet it seems everybody is a defensive mood and I'm the bad guy for freedom of speech, really!

@Clive2 wrote:

yet no answer from bill

Who is Bill?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Clive2  Curiosity killed the cat....im sure you only want to to know that a positive result has happened this evening in helping a fellow pm customer and Canadian in need of help in an unusually harsh winter storm. No one means to come down on you for wanting to know the end result....we also want to see it resolved and counting how lucky we are to not be in that situation.

Clive2

yet no answer from bill

@wetcoaster  Yes...i really hope that the moderators allow any one of the offers made to be accepted and granted. Thanks to all of you....

Clive2

I was asking a question

@darlicious wrote:

An act of kindness is just that. What the parties involved decide to do is between them. Paying it forward is often the result. This I assume is @wetcoaster  reasoning behind his offer. Again many thanks to the kind generosity this evening. I know there have been times in my life when an offèr like this would have been a godsend. It brings a tear to my eye those helping out....

@darlicious, as @ShawnC13 mentioned earlier, there are several people here trying their best to help out here.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Clive2 wrote:

Just asking is Bill going to reimburse the members funds back after the storm?  or its a one way street? sure people would like to know how this pans out

Sometimes being able to help someone out in a time of need is payment enough without expecting to be reimbursed

id pay no mind to him, some folks are just rude and like to start arguments.

An act of kindness is just that. What the parties involved decide to do is between them. Paying it forward is often the result. This I assume is @wetcoaster  reasoning behind his offer. Again many thanks to the kind generosity this evening. I know there have been times in my life when an offèr like this would have been a godsend. It brings a tear to my eye those helping out....

@Clive2 wrote:

Just asking is Bill going to reimburse the members funds back after the storm?  or its a one way street? sure people would like to know how this pans out

Sometimes being able to help someone out in a time of need is payment enough without expecting to be reimbursed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Clive2

I have worn many shoes, maybe many more than you so relax

Clive2

I guess you don't get my point, well maybe you do, I think you do. your smart. I will not post anymore on this subject.

@Clive2 wrote:

I understand, and fully agree with your point. On the other hand changes can be made to ones life style to incorporate a credit card, and that could make things a bit more easier in controlling bill payments via web

Walk in somebody elses shoes....

In the circumstances I was in 15 years ago I'd have considered comments like this insulting.

Clive2

@Clive2 wrote:

I understand, and fully agree with your point. On the other hand changes can be made to ones life style to incorporate a credit card, and that could make things a bit more easier in controlling bill payments via web

@Clive2  No offense....but "changes to ones lifestyle" will not have an immeadiate effect on ones ability to qualify for credit, be approved for a mc/visa/debit card or even have sufficient id to open a bank account. Public mobile being a prepaid service is open to anyone or everyone to activate an account. There choice for payment may be limited to a voucher.

Clive2

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Kudos to the generosity from the community members.  

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Clive2 wrote:

Got to love autopay, cuts out problems and you get 2$ off per month

However not everyone has a credit card or online forms of payment, trust me a lot more people then you think lack those options.

Clive2

Got to love autopay, cuts out problems and you get 2$ off per month

Also vouchers at https://www.ding.com

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

I hope that public mobiles @CS_Agent  allows one of the three community members who have generously offered to help out @Darkebane during a state of emergency respond quickly and grant the request. Thanks for giving all of us a real sense of community by giving a helping hand when needed.

Clive2

guess his ducks were not lined up, with the storm coming

Clive2

yup all good

@Clive2 wrote:

why would you need a third party, could you explain

If @Darkebane is willing to accept one of the offers mentioned (and assuming it's possible), there is no need to explain.

Need Help? Let's chat.