cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill payment issues

SachikoK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I was a customer of Public Mobile for less than 3 weeks starting March 6th of this year. However, I was experiencing a lot of issues so I switched back to my former provider. 

I noticed my credit card is still being charged by Public Mobile. There was a charge on April 5th of $12.43 and another charge on May 5th of $25.99.

As I am no longer a customer, could you please refund these charges? My account number was 000000xxxxxxxx.

Thank you,

Sachiko

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

4 REPLIES 4

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think the issue here is that you forgot to take out your autopay. Try to login and check if it is still activated and then remove it, that should do the trick. 

@SachikoK 

Did you port out your phone number but neglected to remove autopay? If this is the case you are 100% entitled to a refund. Contact the moderators as directed.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@SachikoK You must've enabled AutoPay and so renewals are happening automatically every 30 days. To deactivate your account, simply remove the credit you have on file. This should stop any further charges on your cc and account will deactivate itself after 90 days. To get refund, you will need to contact moderator team as mentioned above. They will evaluate your account details to see if refund is possible. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@SachikoK 

When you decided to leave, you should have removed your credit card from the account.

Did you do that?

If you ported your number (the one you were using with public mobile) to the new provider there should have been no more charges. 

If you did not port out the number that was being used - you're likely out of those funds.

You could plead your case with a moderator, but the likelihood of success is slim. 

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact moderator, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.