cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill increase by $10, why?

Gnome06
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I've been getting billed $20.34 every month for a 1 GB plan. It was some kind promo, but I don't recall the specifics... Either way, that was the amount that automatically hit my credit card every month. This month I have been charged $31.64. I've logged in and reviewed the account information and usage, and I have no idea what changed and why. Can anyone enlighten me?

23 REPLIES 23

@Andry_tjeng 

Your bill has not increased you have just forgotten about the taxes. If you look at your credit card statements for the past few months  you would have been charged the same amount with the exception of your first renewal. $18+$2.16(12%tax)=$20.16 or $18+$2.34(13%tax)=$20.34  Your first renewal would have had $4 credit (2×$2autopay) and if you had a referral code the bonus credit of $10 credited to your account so you either paid $16+tax or $6+tax for your first renewal.

So you paid $18 plus your provinces tax rate which likely equals the amount that was put on your credit card. If this is $2 plus tax more than last month....see my previous post Here about receiving double the $2 Autopay credit last month making last month $2 plus tax lower than this month.

AE_Collector

dawna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It looks as though you paid $18, plus the auto-pay reward of $2 = $20 in your favour.  They are applying $20 towards your account due (the $18 you paid plus the $2 reward).

Andry_tjeng

Hi, 

Here is summary of my plan payment:

Credit (Payments) Debit (Charges)      Balance

May 29, 20201GB at 3G Speed/ 1Go à la vitesse 3G $15.00$0.00
May 29, 202030-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$15.00
May 29, 2020Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto.$18.00 $20.00
May 29, 2020AutoPay Reward$2.00 $2.00
May 29, 2020CNY $5 off for 8 months/CNY 5 $ de rabais sur 8 mois$5.00 $25.00

$2.26 increase is $2 plus 13% tax rate. I bet this is your second or third month with Public Mobile? You paid full price to start with. In your first month you received Two - $2 Autopay credits to go towards your first renewal with the extra $2 being a credit for Autopay discount you missed out on when you signed up paying full price. Now you are at just the normal $2 autopay credit making it look like a $2 increase from last month.

AE_Collector

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Andry_tjeng If you login to your selfserve account there is a payment tab. Click on that tab. Then at the top there is a transaction history tab. Click on that. After that you can choose the dates you got charged and screenshot it. (Leave out any personal information). We need this to understand what exactly you were charged. 

@Andry_tjeng did you account for taxes? What plan and rewards do you have? Check to see if you lost some friend referrals. Stay safe 

Andry_tjeng

No, I never refer friends yet.

However, I am still in auto payment thought

BearFBI

@Andry_tjeng wrote:

Hi There, 

Why my billing has been increased fro. $18 to $20.26?

Thanks

@Andry_tjeng Can you provide a little more information. 

What plan are you on ?

Do you have any referral rewards?

Can you login to your selfserve account and show us your payment history. You can leave out any personal information 

Also Keep in mind you get charged tax on your plan cost.

@Andry_tjeng hi did you lose a referral or community reward since last cycle? check your my rewards in your self serve

Andry_tjeng

Hi There, 

Why my billing has been increased fro. $18 to $20.26?

Thanks

I beg to differ ... sort of....

It was $30 for 1/2 Gb of data and did not yet have the 500 Mb of bonus data for Autopay.

Then around February or so they added the data bonus to this plan by ...yes...creating a new plan in the available plans list and removing the old leaving those who didnt bother to switch plans grandfathered on the old.

Then probably only 1 month later they cut the price to $25 for this plan by creating yet another plan and eliminating the previous one from the available plans list leaving those who didn’t change their plan grandfathered.

So..yes... technically new plans but most who wanted about 1Gb of data kept switching to the improved version of this plan. @darlicious was referencing the particular version and cost of the 1Gb plan earlier in the year.

Terry

chukdefatey

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious 

I think the $30 plan changed to $25 right around February or March time frame.

Terry

No Plan Changed to any other plan. It was a new $25 plan that was added with more than what it had before

@darlicious 

I think the $30 plan changed to $25 right around February or March time frame.

Terry

Psygineer

@Gnome06 wrote:

Hi, I've been getting billed $20.34 every month for a 1 GB plan. It was some kind promo, but I don't recall the specifics... Either way, that was the amount that automatically hit my credit card every month. This month I have been charged $31.64. I've logged in and reviewed the account information and usage, and I have no idea what changed and why. Can anyone enlighten me?

Because as others pointed out your promotion is over. The save $10 off per bill promo very clearly stated it was only for your first 6 months (not forever) and it has now been 6 months since that promotion ran. It's easy to forget about these things though! Now you should change to the $25 plan because it is the same as what you have, but $5 less per month. Set it to change on your next bill plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lemony_Snicket wrote:

I noticed I got $2 for using auto payment.  Not totally sure why I got it as a credit instead of reducing my first payment.  Hopefully it gets used the next month.  

You will.

If autopay is selected on initial activation then they give you the $2 autopay credit up front after the activation is completed.

Then your next renewal will get the $2 autopay reward rolled in so your plan cost will be reduced by $4 due to the $2 already being there.

Then your next renewal it'll settle down to just the normal $2 reward.

@Lemony_Snicket wrote:

The cost should be $25 plus tax.  I think if you get some rewards, that may reduce costs.  I noticed I got $2 for using auto payment.  Not totally sure why I got it as a credit instead of reducing my first payment.  Hopefully it gets used the next month.  Definitely check out the payment history.  All the numbers seem to be there.

I think you're referring to current plans....they are different from What was available 6 months ago....when they offered unlimited calls/texts and 1gb for $30

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The cost should be $25 plus tax.  I think if you get some rewards, that may reduce costs.  I noticed I got $2 for using auto payment.  Not totally sure why I got it as a credit instead of reducing my first payment.  Hopefully it gets used the next month.  Definitely check out the payment history.  All the numbers seem to be there. 

ilikepm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You need to review both your plan and your payment history in self-serve account to possibly know the reason of bill increase.

It is also a good idea to login to your self-serve account at least once a month to keep yourself abreast of things including new promos, payments etc. 

@GR wrote:

@Gnome06  sounds like you were on a 10$ off a month promo, those usually last 6 months 

There was a $10 off any plan $30+ in March 2019. Sounds like this was the promo you signed up for. Now if I could find my clipboard I could share it....

@Gnome06  sounds like you were on a 10$ off a month promo, those usually last 6 months 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gnome06 wrote:

$1Gb for $20 including tax seems cheap. Did you have some rewards that you were getting previously like referrals and those referrals left PM? Or the $10 off per month promo for the first 6 months and it ended so the price went back to normal?

As mentioned log into self serve and check previous billing statements

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In Self-Serve - Payment tab, there is a link to View Payment History where PM breaks down the charges.  It also has history, so you will be able to compare current billing from previous billings.  

What is it showing?

Need Help? Let's chat.