cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to activate two accounts...

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What is the Best way to activate two accounts under one person’s name with the “same” credit card?

I realize that two different emails should be used for user names, but I read somewhere that the dates should be different when the accounts are paid 30 days after. Can the date be the same for both accounts? If not, why?

The $25 referral ends tonight at midnight or does it end tomorrow at midnight ?

10 REPLIES 10

TMS

@TheGx wrote:

@TMS wrote:

Hopefully this doesn’t sound like a silly question:

Does the email have the be a working email?

Ex. If one email is a true email eg. johnsmith@email.com , can the next be johnsmith2@email.com even it is not a real working email?

*obviously the second cannot be used for the community. 

Nope, doesn't have to work, my friend had his email address cancelled on him and Public still works fine.

Yeah I just did my second son’s new account (thanks to the new $15 plan 😄 ) and although we did use a real email, I wasn’t required to verify or confirm anything via that email (PM username). 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TMS wrote:

Does the email have the be a working email?

Ex. If one email is a true email eg. johnsmith@email.com , can the next be johnsmith2@email.com even it is not a real working email?

Nope, doesn't have to work, my friend had his email address cancelled on him and Public still works fine.

TMS

Does the email (user PM login) have the be a working email?

Ex. If one user PM login is a true email eg. johnsmith@email.com , can the next user name be johnsmith2@email.com even it is not a real working email?

TheGx

The simplest way is just to use all the same info for both accounts, except for the email addresses which have to be different, that way you'll have different number/sim for both accounts but everything else including autopay credit card will be the same.

TMS

Thanks everyone for the help! Public Mobile is the best. 🙂 

Pizzaeh

@TMS wrote:

You have roughly another 24 hours from now.  The same person's name and credit card can be used for both accounts. That doesn't matter.  You already know that the e-mail addresses need to be different.  The only way to have both the plan fees due on the same day each renewal would be activate them both on the same day (or wait until the start of the next renewal to activate the second account).

Is it okay to use the same credit card, with PM, at the same time tomorrow afternoon?

Yes, the only stipulation is each account must use a different email address, that's it.

You, yourself, can open two accounts for yourself, withe same name, using the same credit card.  

@TMS  a écrit :

You have roughly another 24 hours from now.  The same person's name and credit card can be used for both accounts. That doesn't matter.  You already know that the e-mail addresses need to be different.  The only way to have both the plan fees due on the same day each renewal would be activate them both on the same day (or wait until the start of the next renewal to activate the second account).

Is it okay to use the same credit card, with PM, at the same time tomorrow afternoon?

Why not? No problem. 

TMS

edit: the 2 new accounts will be both activated tomorrow afternoon to take advantage of the $25 referral offer. 

@TMS wrote:

What is the Best way to activate two accounts under one person’s name with the “same” credit card?

I realize that two different emails should be used for user names, but I read somewhere that the dates should be different when the accounts are paid 30 days after. Can the date be the same for both accounts? If not, why?

The $25 referral ends tonight at midnight or does it end tomorrow at midnight ?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@TMS 

The deal ends tomorrow at Monday midnight EDT.

You could have the two accounts on same credit card.  Some credit cards get suspicious if two charges from the same company happen the same time.  It might be better to space at least one day apart.  

Need Help? Let's chat.