cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bonnieho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Being charged higher than the quoted price

bonnieho_1-1635289421783.png

As you can see above, my estimated payment is $23 as I get $2 off for autopay. However, I get charged $25.76 every month. Any ideas what is going on? 

bonnieho_0-1635289376669.png

Accepted Solutions
S--S
Mayor / Maire

Re: Being charged higher than the quoted price

All Replies
esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bonnieho wrote:

bonnieho_1-1635289421783.png

As you can see above, my estimated payment is $23 as I get $2 off for autopay. However, I get charged $25.76 every month. Any ideas what is going on? 

@bonnieho 

You need to pay taxes.

Your Self Serve does not show tax amounts, but credit card charges (edit: or voucher charges) will.

S--S
Mayor / Maire

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Pay with vouchers and then they won't take the tax off when they take plan payment    ...😇 😀

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor : They'll charge you taxes at that point of sale of the voucher.

Buy the voucher (or bought for you) in AB however.....

It's also possible that CCS doesn't charge your local provincial tax if outside ON.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Would be nice if PM start to show the tax or at least have bold text about tax on top to ease the confusion. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@barndoor : They'll charge you taxes at that point of sale of the voucher.

Buy the voucher (or bought for you) in AB however.....

It's also possible that CCS doesn't charge your local provincial tax if outside ON.

@z10user4 , I can confirm CCS DOES charge provincial tax outside of ON on their vouchers.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv : I did not pay provincial taxes 1.5 years ago when they first came on the scene here with their 20% off vouchers. Just GST.

Maybe it's an HST thing. BC has separate taxes. Maybe they've cracked down.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hTideGnow wrote:

Would be nice if PM start to show the tax or at least have bold text about tax on top to ease the confusion. 

Seems ironic somehow , that they can send you an email that itemizes each of your rewards received and available  but they can't include in the confirmation of payment text how much they took from your credit card or itemize the tax  . 

Yes realize  the tax will be paid somewhere  ...just thought it might make some feel better if PM wasn't taking it off at payment time . 😉  😀

CountyDownIeUk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hTideGnow wrote:

Thats the norm for prepaid accounts. If you pay $10 and are charged $11.20. $10 to your balance and $1.20 to the governments. I makes sense that you only see prices without tax. 

if you do a top up and hit a key the screen will refresh with taxes included. I print that and use it as a receipt. But those using auto-pay have to remember that taxes are charged.

Need Help? Let's chat.