cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank card

angireinke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had my bank account hacked and had to get a new bank card. I'm trying to add my new one but it keeps saying denied. Can someone please help me with this so I can use my phone.

Thanks,

Angi

10 REPLIES 10

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

After log in, click on Payment tab and then scroll down to MANAGE CARD and then select CHANGE CARD. If still an issue contact a moderator by clicking on?, bottom right, and follow instructions.

Arily4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As one of the previous commentors suggested, log out and try again in an hour. I had this issue last week and i just needed to wait before trying again.

@angireinke wrote:

I did all of that and it wouldn't let me do anything. I even go so frustrated that I just deleted my old card so there was nothing and I could just put a new one it and it still wont let me add a new card. This is getting very frustrating.

That does sound unusual, not sure why you're unable to update the information to add your new card.  I just changed my cards on couple of accounts without any problems, so hopefully you've contacted moderators to take a look into it.

BTW you said your new bank card, is that a Visa debit card or a CC, because I believe a regular debit card cannot be saved for payment purposes?

Also when you're adding your card, leave the apt # blank and omit any spacing for the postal code and ensure the address matches the payment card statement.

@angireinkeClick on the ? on the lower right hand corner, chat with SIMon the bot once it seems to understands you type submit ticket and a support ticket will be generated for you for the moderators.

angireinke

How do I get a hold of them?

@angireinkeGet a voucher and top out your account in the mean time. Message the moderators and get them to add it for you.. however it will involve giving your banking info to a Public Mobile employee.

angireinke

I did all of that and it wouldn't let me do anything. I even go so frustrated that I just deleted my old card so there was nothing and I could just put a new one it and it still wont let me add a new card. This is getting very frustrating.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@angireinke wrote:

I had my bank account hacked and had to get a new bank card. I'm trying to add my new one but it keeps saying denied. Can someone please help me with this so I can use my phone.

Thanks,

Angi

@angireinke 

Sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select Manage my card. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

Two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"
Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

Note: When entering the postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo and use a desktop browser if you can.

Hope this helps!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@angireinke wrote:

Thanks,

Angi

You could try clearing your cache/cookies and use a different browser in incognito mode.  PM's website can be a bit glitchy at times.

Try waiting one hour before another attempt too.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Need Help? Let's chat.