cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank account charge - auto pay

dawebe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey all,

I got the 40$ plan and set up auto pay, so that i actually owe 38$ each month.

With both first and second months auto pay award, I was owing 36$ this month, but still my bank account was charged with 40 ish $.

How can that be?

Are taxes that high?

Thanks for any help.

11 REPLIES 11

dawebe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, 

thanks for all the help.

I'm in Ontario and understand the payment now.

Cheers!

@MrHelp  Just to clarify taxes in bc are 12%. 5%gst +7% pst=12% unless you calculate liquor tax which is 10%. So a $5 pint is $5+5%gst ($.25)+10%liquor tax ($.50)= $5.75

@88cranston wrote:

Is there a way to indicate your city and/or province to show in your posts? Would make things easier.

You would have to say in the post.  You can put info in community profile but we would have to look.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is there a way to indicate your city and/or province to show in your posts? Would make things easier.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@dawebe wrote:

Hey all,

With both first and second months auto pay award, I was owing 36$ this month, but still my bank account was charged with 40 ish $.

How can that be?

Are taxes that high?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, tax can be high.  The rate is based on your province. Alberta is less tax because there is no PST.  The $36 will go back to $38 for next renewal. It was less this time because of first month's autopay bonus.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Telus does the same thing too except you get a receipt showing taxes when buying online and of course from a retailer. 

Ie. In BC you buy $100 of service and pay $112. But only $100 shows on your account. Makes sense. 

What we want to see for autopay is an online receipt or better yet an email that top up was done, with details. Ie. $100 + 5% GST + 7% PST = $112 charged to Visa, Mastercard or Debit Card. Telus too does NOT provide a receipt for autopay  by email. 

MrHelp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes, taxes are that high, 13% in BC anyways, which would have been plus $4.68 for your amount

The way PM shows payment history and account balance is perfectly fine and the correct way of doing it (KISS). It's consistent and the same for all without having to mess it up with the different tax rates accross the country. My account balance is $50 my plan is $40 I have $10 remaining. 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I honestly wish PM would start showing the Amount Due with taxes factored in. Or in the very least, and I have asked for this before, to put the words "Plus applicable taxes" next to the Amount Due. 

Taxes on here are the same as taxes in the store. They are no higher or lower here than they are anywhere else in your province on taxable goods and services.

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

38 + tax is over 40 maybe there was a promo deal on for the first 6 months

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@dawebe wrote:

Hey all,

How can that be?

Are taxes that high?

Thanks for any help.

@dawebe  Not sure where you are located, but I pay 13% in Ontario

$36 + 13% tax = $40.68

Taxes in Canada range from 5% to 15% depending on your province.

Need Help? Let's chat.