cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer

YJG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

PM sent me a text message telling me I got a promo plan from it's sister-brand Koodo and asked me to switch. If I switch to Kodoo, can I transfer the balance with PM over? I currently paid until July 29th. Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Angerboy0909

Thank you for contacting us. Please do send us a private message with all of your account information. Please do note that this is a Public forum and you should not provide your personal information for security purposes. In consequence, we erased that information. 

Thank you! 🙂 

Angerboy0909
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my old account sim # 89xxxxxxxx(64xxxxxxxx vaxxxxx) however i am unable to log in my self serve account i try forgot pw but public mobile do not send me link to get new pw.  Therefore, i forced to open new account (irxxxxxx) 6xxxxxx.  As result i have $19 from old account please transfer to my new account thanks.

Thank You.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth wrote:

Some of the people who switched to Koodo reported receiving the full credit immediately, others that it was applied over multiple billing cycles, some complained that they got nothing at all (sometimes nothing was promised, sometimes something was).

@Korth yeah some of the migration offers had a 1-time credit offered.  That's what I got, and it was applied before my first invoice, so I owed nothing and still had credit left over.  Another variation I saw was broken into 4 credits to be paid out over 4 billing cycles as you mentioned.  Anyone that was promised a credit and didn't receive one should follow up with Koodo customer service for sure.  I forgot that some of the early migration offers (last year even?) didn't have a bill credit component, right?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Previous Koodo migration offers to PM customers included sign-on incentives meant to offset money they'd already spent on prepaid PM service.  Many people asked whether their PM account balances could/would be transferred, and the answer was always "ask the PM mods if they can do it", "ask the Koodo reps if they can do it", or "no, it just can't/won't be done".

Some of the people who switched to Koodo reported receiving the full credit immediately, others that it was applied over multiple billing cycles, some complained that they got nothing at all (sometimes nothing was promised, sometimes something was).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Further to what @srlawren has already said, if you do decide to migrate, one strategy would be to sign up at the last moment so as to minimize overlap.  Signing up online is a good strategy to delay the activation on the Koodo end by a few days, especially if action is taken on Friday.  The web store which ships out activated SIM cards do not work on weekends. Online activation saves $30 over going to a retail outlet.  These are a few strategies to help ease the impact.  Once there, taking advantage of targeted hardware promos is another way of making the transition worthwhile. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@YJG I can save you the trouble of contacting the moderator team:  the answer will be no.  The migration offer you received probably also included an activation credit (I'm not sure of the details of the current offers, but all the past ones seem to have) that is intended to help cover any losses due to unusued plan days, accumulated "availalbe funds" balance, etc.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi, I don't think you can transfer your balance over Koodo. But 

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Need Help? Let's chat.