cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available funds randomly reduced by 10 cents

wbg13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My available funds was $24 and I just noticed it was reduced by 10 cents to $23.90.  What happened?  How do I get this corrected and also rectify this issue going forward?

42 REPLIES 42

wbg13

@popping wrote:

@wbg13 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@popping wrote:

Update:

Moderator fixed both of my accounts and have not happened again.

Another update:

I found the source of the 10 cents charges by going through the usage history of two of my accounts.  They are from the following short codes:

1. Vancouver Translink short code 33333
  2. Calgary Transit short code 74000

PM also added $1 to the available fund of two of my accounts to cover the futures extra charges. 

Thank you PM and @Catherine_T for actively working on this issue and proactively to add fund to my accounts to cover the future charges.

BTW, I noticed that there is no extra charge for sending to and receiving from the Calgary Transit short code 74000 since Dec 7.  👍 👍   

Good news for the PM subscribers using the Calgary Transit short code 74000. 

A big cowboy 🤠 YAH -HOO! from YYC to PM.

@popping Does your Dec 7 sending text message to Calgary Transit short code 74000 show as "minutes" or "SMS" under usage type?  I just sent some short code text messages and they showed as "minutes" with 0 charge but it really should show as "SMS".  Wondering if the "glitch" was fully corrected....

Outgoing to 74000 as $0 charge minutes - not SMS

Incoming from 74000 as SMS

I just sent a private message to the moderator assigned to my ticket about this.

@popping Please update the response from the moderator.  Thanks.  I sent a private message also.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wbg13 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@popping wrote:

Update:

Another update:

I found the source of the 10 cents charges by going through the usage history of two of my accounts.  They are from the following short codes:

PM also added $1 to the available fund of two of my accounts to cover the futures extra charges. 

Thank you PM and @Catherine_T for actively working on this issue and proactively to add fund to my accounts to cover the future charges.

BTW, I noticed that there is no extra charge for sending to and receiving from the Calgary Transit short code 74000 since Dec 7.  👍 👍   

@popping Does your Dec 7 sending text message to Calgary Transit short code 74000 show as "minutes" or "SMS" under usage type?  I just sent some short code text messages and they showed as "minutes" with 0 charge but it really should show as "SMS".  Wondering if the "glitch" was fully corrected....

Outgoing to 74000 as $0 charge minutes - not SMS

Incoming from 74000 as SMS

I just sent a private message to the moderator assigned to my ticket about this.

wbg13

@Nezgar wrote:

@wbg13 

It looks like the previous 10 cent transaction we were seeing has been "fixed" to now log 0.00 cost at least, but still shows as "minutes" as you also noticed.

I'm not too worried about that as long as it "functions" as expected. We're used to quirks at PM. 🙂

@Nezgar Thanks for confirming.  Was just wondering if the "fix" was still rolling out fully to all users and my account was not fully "fixed" yet. I agree with you that as long as it "functions" as expected then I'm not worried either.  But I just hope it doesn't start counting a "truly" "minutes" and start depleting my actual calling minutes.

@wbg13 

It looks like the previous 10 cent transaction we were seeing has been "fixed" to now log 0.00 cost at least, but still shows as "minutes" as you also noticed.

I'm not too worried about that as long as it "functions" as expected. We're used to quirks at PM. 🙂

wbg13

@popping wrote:

@popping wrote:

Update:

Another update:

popping

@popping wrote:

Update:

Another update:

@popping 

Ive had my most recent manual reward application was after a response to my message at 3am. A few of the accounts i manage have had the same time frame. I dont mind middle of the night customer service.....a perk for night owls!

@popping wrote:

I was surprised that a moderator sent me a private message related to my ticket around 1 AM MT(3 AM ET).  

Well... That's 4PM in the Philippines...

As of 2007: "In total, there are 5,600 employees at the Manila call centre of which 800 are serving Telus domestic customers in a variety of roles, he said."

https://www.thestar.com/business/2007/07/06/concern_over_telus_manila_call_centre.html

Now up to 16,000+ apparently

https://www.telusinternational.com/locations/philippines

wow

popping

Update:

I was surprised that a moderator sent me a private message related to my ticket around 1 AM MT(3 AM ET).  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite : I've not been affected. I'm just watching from the sidelines.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I received a $1 “system issue” credit when I paid my account today. I assume it was to cover my 30 cents for texts. 

My over view amount now matches my transactions balance.  

😀😀I feel taken care of. 😀😀

@Anonymous  @LurganIeUk  @Nezgar Anyone suffering this glitch should open a ticket with the moderators, and expect reimbursement (I think). PM is collecting data to track it down. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

In some cases there will be no balance to take 10 cents from. And I still say I was charged for RECEIVING texts....not sending.....but my account says I sent them.....that is NOT how a Craigslist account verification works. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been wondering all this thread whether they're experimenting with chargeable nickels and dimes. Chatr does. I'm not sure what happens if one has no balance though in either case.

I received a $1 “system issue” credit when I paid my account today. I assume it was to cover my 30 cents for texts. 

My over view amount now matches my transactions balance.  

😀😀 I feel taken care of. 😀😀

wbg13

Update - I asked a moderator to confirm and this was the response from the moderator:

The statement is correct:

''If you don't get charged for receiving a short code text message then you should not be charged for sending to the exact same short code text message.''

What is happening now is an anomaly and the issue will get fixed. As long as the text message is not a premium one, you should not be charged for it either incoming or outgoing.

wbg13

@Nezgar wrote:

The 10 cent fees only apply to sent messages to these "premium" shortcodes. Receiving does not incur the charge.

If your balance is $0.00 the send just fails according to accounts of others I've read.

@Nezgar But if these are not "premium" short codes then there shouldn't be a charge regardless if you are sending or receiving.  However, I don't know what would classify as "premium".

wbg13

@SomeFriend wrote:

I've gotten charged to send messages to any short code program, including ones I have texted before, so I've been avoiding to do that lately.  I haven't been charged to receive any yet, as I'm subscribed to various notifications and, if they billed $0.10 per every single message I received from those, I would run out of account credits ASAP (and run up a hefty bill if I could go into the negative, but prepaid services don't let you do that).

@SomeFriend Has this always been the case or just recently?  Just to confirm - you get charged to send to the short code but no charge for the exact same short code received?  Did I get that right?  If so, that doesn't make sense that there are no charges to receive but you get charged to send.  It should be no charge regardless.

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've gotten charged to send messages to any short code program, including ones I have texted before, so I've been avoiding to do that lately.  I haven't been charged to receive any yet, as I'm subscribed to various notifications and, if they billed $0.10 per every single message I received from those, I would run out of account credits ASAP (and run up a hefty bill if I could go into the negative, but prepaid services don't let you do that).

@Nezgar wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

You confirmed you were charged 10¢ to receive texts from Craigslist in your usage history?

Yes you can see the transactions in my previous posts. It says I sent them.....but is not correct.....I received them. It appears more is amuck than what is being said. 

@LurganIeUk 

You confirmed you were charged 10¢ to receive texts from Craigslist in your usage history?

I was able to check my old texts. Craigslist texted me 3 times with a code to complete some Craigslist Accounts. My transactions show that sent them.....but is incorrect.....and I was charged 10 cents each. BUT I thought prepaid has no surprise extra charges??

Also my overview is incorrect balance wise but my transactions balance is correct. 

The 10 cent fees only apply to sent messages to these "premium" shortcodes. Receiving does not incur the charge.

If your balance is $0.00 the send just fails according to accounts of others I've read.

wbg13

@kb_mv wrote:

@wbg13 wrote:

@kb_mv I was actually wondering the same thing if I didn't have any available funds.  I only have those funds from the free one month when I signed up but I am set up for auto-pay.  Would I not receive them and just not know?  Or not be able to send?

@wbg13 That was the first thing that popped into my mind when I read this. I never have available funds till it's time to pay.

@kb_mv Moderator said that it would be charged to the credit card on the account but unsure what would happen if no credit card was on the account since this moderator hasn't encountered that yet.

@wbg13 wrote:

@LurganIeUk  Assuming that those aren't "premium" text messages then you should be receiving the credit over the next few days also.

I have had some texts from Craigslist to verify an account....but was “from” them.  And maybe some others. Never the less PM says no extra charges. 

wbg13

@LurganIeUk  Assuming that those aren't "premium" text messages then you should be receiving the credit over the next few days also.

Lol.  I guess I am clueless about texts and type of!!!

E99E6BA9-A50B-44AC-92F9-23808F4D8B79.jpeg

I wonder if that includes RECEIVING texts from short codes too? I rarely send texts and never to a short code. 

wbg13

Here is the response from the moderator:

We have identified a glitch that caused some accounts to be charged when sending text messages to short codes. A fix is being implemented and all affected accounts will be credited in the next few days. 

Mine is down by 30 cents in the overview but is correct in transaction history. With all they have given me....I am not going to chase them for it. But it needs attention for sure. I made the mistake once and corrected it by topping up not to the dollar. 

62FF4E15-BA4F-4718-8CB6-E55C07E60D49.jpeg

036CD41E-225B-4836-9873-565C7C35C50F.jpeg

@darlicious 

wbg13

@darlicious wrote:

@wbg13 

Public mobile is currently investigating these random charges to your account balance. I am not sure what the protocol is to have it fixed without inundating the moderators with nickel and dime issues. I would imagine there will be a system wide fix at some point. Keep a record of any changes and maybe @Catherine_T  can address the issue going forward.

@darlicious Good to know that Public Mobile is aware and currently investigating.  Thanks for the info.  It would be helpful if Public Mobile made an announcement about this issue along with any updates to inform customers.  

Need Help? Let's chat.