cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopsy and reloadable credit cards

Leaving
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am using Koho. It's a reloadable credit card. I added $45.20. My due date is the 22nd. I am on the $40 plan.  My account shows that I owe $40.  

But, I think the autopay will either charge $45.20 ($40 plus sales tax) or $43.20 - i.e. the $2 autopsy discount total.

Can anyone confirm anything for me?

I didn't sign up for autopay when I signed up with public Mobile because I didn't have the CC yet. I am wondering if the $2 discount will be applied this month. 

I know I will find out in two days. Just wondering. 

P.S. I installed Chrome on my smartphone. I can log in to my selfserve and community accounts now.  I still can't with the Samsung browser.  I don't know why. I cleared the cache. What else could it be?  I found a way around it but it's still annoying to not know what is wrong. 

18 REPLIES 18

@Leaving  That's the same model as mine. I never use the Samsung browser just chrome and it works fine.

Leaving

Thanks, guys. I might experiment with Firefox and Opera later.

I know Samsung browser isn't listed as one of the recommended browsers but it should work for logging in. I cleared the cache for everything with the reboot process.  Anyway, I will worry about it later. Using Chrome will suffice for now. Thanks for all your help and replies.

Btw, I am using an A5 (2017) phone. 

Chrome doesn't always play nice when other browsers are installed. Samsung doesn't always play nice when embedding their "default" apps. They both often rely on proprietary software components which aren't quite Android standard.

Try clearing cache, cookies, history, etc, and restarting the phone, of course.

Try disabling the browser apps in Settings. They might claim conflicting permissions or resources.

Try another mobile browser (preferably a generic chromium flavour). Firefox is popular but I don't like it because endless forced updates keep mucking around or breaking what used to work. Opera is good but some builds are bloaty. Brave is my general "go ro" browser when I just need something quick, simple, and reliable. 

@Luddite wrote:

@CannonFodder Hoping your username is not a prediction for how Telus plans to treat PM customers! Robot LOL

Yeah, let's hope it's not like either of these.... 😆 

CannonFodderPoppy2.jpg

CannonFodderHeadstones.jpg

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The 2.00 Autopay reward will be credited on your next renewal date.

@CannonFodder Hoping your username is not a prediction for how Telus plans to treat PM customers! Robot LOL

chg of light brigade.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@CannonFodder wrote:

"Autopsy and reloadable credit cards"

That's an interesting typo, in reference to a credit card & cell phone plan! 😁 

Isn't auto complete wonderful?  ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  I get the autopsy reward all the time. I suppose you'll just make otto pay along with the whole German army for your untimely end?

Whoa. Don't mention the war. 🙂

@CannonFodder  I get the autopsy reward all the time. I suppose you'll just make otto pay along with the whole German army for your untimely end?

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

"Autopsy and reloadable credit cards"

That's an interesting typo, in reference to a credit card & cell phone plan! 😁 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving wrote:

I am using Koho. It's a reloadable credit card. I added $45.20. My due date is the 22nd. I am on the $40 plan.  My account shows that I owe $40.  

But, I think the autopay will either charge $45.20 ($40 plus sales tax) or $43.20 - i.e. the $2 autopsy discount total.

Can anyone confirm anything for me?

I didn't sign up for autopay when I signed up with public Mobile because I didn't have the CC yet. I am wondering if the $2 discount will be applied this month. 

I know I will find out in two days. Just wondering. 

P.S. I installed Chrome on my smartphone. I can log in to my selfserve and community accounts now.  I still can't with the Samsung browser.  I don't know why. I cleared the cache. What else could it be?  I found a way around it but it's still annoying to not know what is wrong. 

Look for these 2 telltale signs that your AutoPay is enabled.

If you see them, your next renewal will be $38 + taxes.

PM AutoPay enabled.jpg

As for the Samsung browser, Public Mobile states:

Note: This site is best viewed on latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 and above. For the best experience, enable cookies and JavaScript on your browser.

@Leaving  Thats great news you card will be charged $42.94

Sales tax would also be charged so it would be $38 plus tax.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leaving wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Leaving  Usually you would have to be on autopay all month to get the $2 autopay reward but it may get added just look under the rewards on the day of your renewal. It's best to always have a couple of extra  bucks to cover your rewards in case something does go wrong and your rewards don't get applied...which does happen. You wouldnt want your service to get suspended for $2.

Yes, that's why I added extra. I estimated what the max could be and made sure that's on the credit card.

The rewards $ shows $2 and the estimated charge being $38. Nothing illustrating a tax charge. If it ends up being $38 total, I won't complain. 

As discussed before...GST and your provincial tax (based on the province of the area code of your number) will be charged at the payment card.

Edit: I have an S7 running A8. It has the "Internet" Samsung browser. The self-serve worked fine for me. I use Firefox though.

Leaving

@darlicious wrote:

@Leaving  Usually you would have to be on autopay all month to get the $2 autopay reward but it may get added just look under the rewards on the day of your renewal. It's best to always have a couple of extra  bucks to cover your rewards in case something does go wrong and your rewards don't get applied...which does happen. You wouldnt want your service to get suspended for $2.

Yes, that's why I added extra. I estimated what the max could be and made sure that's on the credit card.

The rewards $ shows $2 and the estimated charge being $38. Nothing illustrating a tax charge. If it ends up being $38 total, I won't complain. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leaving 

And if you click on the rewards button in that area then you'll see a page that will give you an estimate of what you owe taking into account what rewards you're eligible for.

Rewards can change depending on your actions. So the front page just says what your plan cost is.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you log into your account under rewards - do you see the $2 autopay reward ?  If you do then it would be applied to your bill.

Need Help? Let's chat.