cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay

AdamLove
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If I set up auto pay .....  Can they double charge....?

This happened to a friend of mine...  In this case how do you get reimbursed....?

Is auto pay good or bad...?

48 REPLIES 48

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AdamLove wrote:

When I accept Auto pay..... Are there any problems with applying the discount or payment from cc...?

@AdamLove you haven't been using it for the past year?  why not?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

AdamLove

Are there any good as for any bad reasons to have and not to have Auto pay...?

@AdamLove  You don't "apply the discount", i.e. it's an automatic thing - if you input a card for autopay, the system automatically credits your account for the discount.

And so you're aware, the system will credit your account, and apply that credit on your NEXT renewal, i.e. you won't get an automatic $2 off your FIRST payment.

AdamLove

When I accept Auto pay..... Are there any problems with applying the discount or payment from cc...?

@AdamLove  Yes, what the other replies have said, AND although it hasn't been an issue for me so far, some folks here manually top up their accounts a day or two before their renewal is due, to avoid the potential issue with autopay not working correctly. There have been numerous issues with autopay having a brain cramp, but some people have been on autopay for years without any problem, so it's up to you which way you want to handle it.

As has been mentioned, the main benefit to enabling autopay, is that you get an automatic $2 reduction on your monthly(30days) plan cost.

Yes

@AdamLove wrote:

So all I have to do is keep a credit card on file....?

AdamLove

So all I have to do is keep a credit card on file....?

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AdamLove wrote:

In Auto pay is the money taken from my credit card automatically and can I add funds manually....

Is this a feature s o at the 30th day if balance is $0 Auto pay take whatever is needed for the next 30 days....?

Yes, autopay will deduct whatever amount is needed to cover your plan's cost on renewal day.

And yes, you can manually add funds to your account anytime you want in Self Serve.

@AdamLove autopay would charge  $25-2 (autopay)-1(loyalty)=22 +tax in your case. Based upon what you told us so far.  And yes, you can use autopay for the $2 reward and pay manually for your account.

@AdamLove wrote:

In Auto pay is the money taken from my credit card automatically and can I add funds manually....

Is this a feature s o at the 30th day if balance is $0 Auto pay take whatever is needed for the next 30 days....?

@AdamLove wrote:

@AdamLove Autopay chargers your credit card for amount of money needed to cover your plan after applying all rewards you have (loyalty, refer-a-friend, etc). However, it sometimes fails. So you can enable autopay and add funds manually (your plan-rewards) to prevent any errors.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AdamLove wrote:

All you need to enable autopay.  The fund do not have to come from your cc.  You can add fund manually to your account if you want.  You get $2/m as long as you enable autopay with a cc.  Fund does not have to come out from your cc to get the $2/m credit.

AdamLove

@AdamLove , the key here is the is a credit card on autopay with your account. This gets the  $2 monthly credit. You dont have to use it to pay. You can add the funds manually. In this case adding $100 would leave you with an $8credit in your account after 4 months .

@AdamLove wrote:

If I'm on a $25 for 30 days...

Can I put $100 and have credits for 3-4 months...?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@AdamLove wrote:

This happened to a friend of mine...  In this case how do you get reimbursed....?

@AdamLove Enable Autopay to have 2$ credit and extra data. However, autopay sometimes fail, so it is better to manually add funds to your account even with enabled autopay.

AdamLove

If I'm on a $25 for 30 days...

Can I put $100 and have credits for 3-4 months...?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@AdamLove setting up autopay gets you a $2 monthly credit. It in principle is good , even with the bug that it may fail sometimes,  since it allows you to add funds to your my account  and should supply supply you with peace of mind regarding account payment.  No, they can't double charge.  But if by mistake it does happen, it is better to leave the credit in your account , since it will be applied to next month's cycle. Or as @dabr mentions above contact the moderators.

@AdamLove wrote:

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@AdamLove wrote:

Have had autopay for over a year on two accounts, never had any issues personally so far, touch wood:)

As for reimbursement, if there ever was a double charge, then you message moderators who likely credit your account instead of refund, as refunds can take several weeks.

Steve486
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You get a discount for using auto pay.

If you are charged incorrectly, you can contact a moderator through the community to help resolve any issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.