cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

I would like to use autopay but do not have a credit card. What are my options. Can I use those gift visa/mastercard you purchase at the grocery stores? I really don't want to pay any monthly fees on any of those cards though. I looked at the Canada Post visa/mastercards but the fees are huge on those. Does anyone have any suggestions. I just want to go into a store to pick up a card to use.

23 REPLIES 23

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@JK8 wrote:

@dabr 

I added the card, but was there an option to enable autopay? Can I stil do that?

@JK8   Yes just log back in and it should say activate autopay under payment tab.

Okay, it worked. Thank you to everyone in the community for helping me out!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

@dabr 

I added the card, but was there an option to enable autopay? Can I stil do that?

@JK8   Yes just log back in and it should say activate autopay under payment tab.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Hi so I purchased the card and have added it to my account, but there is no autopay reward showing in self service. How long does it take to show up?

@JK8   Did you also enable autopay after adding your card?  It should show in the account straight away after enabling autopay.

Edit:  sorry it might say activate autopay in the account.

@JK8 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Hi so I purchased the card and have added it to my account, but there is no autopay reward showing in self service. How long does it take to show up?

It would show in Rewards immediately. The actual credit isn't added to your available funds until slightly before renewal.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@JK8look at who you bank with. They likely have a visa or MasterCard debit card. Those work also.

@Anonymous 

I am going to purchase one on the weekend. I want the $2 autopay reward. I do not own a credit card and I hate giving out banking or personal information so hopefully I can get this working. Thank You!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JK8 wrote:

@Anonymous 

So can I get this prepaid visa and use it for autopay to get the $2 reward? (I would then top up with vouchers) If so do I just put ANY name and address in the fields on the credit card screen in Public Mobile?

https://www.walmart.ca/en/gifts-holidays/gifts/gift-cards/vanilla-prepaid-mastercard-visa-cards/N-4782

@JK8 

Yes. That's the one. You can get them many places. I avoid setting foot in a Walmart at almost all costs. The Walton family has far more money than they deserve. At least the Ghermezian family are from Edmonton. But they're not starving either.

You can put any name and address in. You don't need to register it. Therefore it's anonymous. Number, expiry, CVV. Invent everything else.

You could also top-up with instant top-ups.

There are other pre-paid cards that work as well and that you can be anonymous too. But I know this one. A now-quiet, but still around member here found one at a post office. But I think it also traces back to People's Trust. Not sure.

@Anonymous 

So can I get this prepaid visa and use it for autopay to get the $2 reward? (I would then top up with vouchers) If so do I just put ANY name and address in the fields on the credit card screen in Public Mobile?

https://www.walmart.ca/en/gifts-holidays/gifts/gift-cards/vanilla-prepaid-mastercard-visa-cards/N-4782

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Staliger wrote:

@JK8 Yes, pre-paid visa/mastercard will work for Autopay.

Just a question.....if you buy a $50 prepaid/gift Visa or MasterCard....how do you maintain the same card number on PM? 

You don't. Once it's spent out then you can't spend any more.

But here's the trick for @JK8 who says he just wants it for the reward. You can have zero balance on the prepaid card and still be valid for autopay. You said you would top up with vouchers so you're set. Get a minimum amount prepaid card. Set it up here for autopay. Try a dollar to make sure. Then you can spend it out. Top up with vouchers and you still get the 2 bucks.

Vanilla is anonymous. You don't need to put in a real name and address. MyVanilla is reloadable and to do so would require signing up with real info if you want to reload. I liked the anonymous way. Felt like a burner phone like in the movies 🙂

But now I have the KOHO card. Not anonymous but it works with Samsung Pay.

@LurganIeUk  Just reload the card.

edited: I missed the word gift in your question. I don't think the gift cards can be reloaded. All normal prepaid cards can. Sorry for any confusion.

@Staliger wrote:

Just a question.....if you buy a $50 prepaid/gift Visa or MasterCard....how do you maintain the same card number on PM? 

@JK8 wrote:

Does anyone know if the Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard would work for autopay? The $25 card has an activation fee of $3.95. I would just leave this card on autopay and not use any of the funds from this card. I would top my account up each month using vouchers and use the vouchers to pay for my plan. I just see the activation fee on the page below. I am not sure if there are any monthly fees associated with this card.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/gifts-holidays/gifts/gift-cards/vanilla-prepaid-mastercard-visa-cards/N-47...

This vanilla prepaid card will work.  I have one that I use to make online purchases from sites that I am not so keen on using my regular credit card.  These vanilla cards do have an activation charge.  You should be able to come out ahead with the auto pay savings.  Debit card would have no fees if that option is available to you.  

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

I would like to use autopay but do not have a credit card. What are my options. Can I use those gift visa/mastercard you purchase at the grocery stores? I really don't want to pay any monthly fees on any of those cards though. I looked at the Canada Post visa/mastercards but the fees are huge on those. Does anyone have any suggestions. I just want to go into a store to pick up a card to use.

PM accepts. 

• We accept the following credit cards, registered to a Canadian address: VISA, MasterCard and American Express. We also accept VISA debit cards and Public Mobile Payment Vouchers.

Now let’s break this down based on what PM is officially requesting for payment method and the relationship to type of payment and receiving the $2 credit for auto-pay. 

Canadian address: Do you have an address in Canada?

Do you want the $2 credit for Auto-pay? You need a credit card or Visa Debit Card registered to receive the $2 auto-pay Credit. BUT you can top up your account ahead of your due date from a voucher or the card you registered and the auto-pay option won’t kick in. Payments are always taken from your balance first. 

Do you want more reward credits from referrals or the community to decrease your payments? Those will lower your payments. 

If you don’t have a credit card ...can I suggest. 

VISA - Home Trust Cash Back 1% - No fees. 

MasterCard - BMO Cash Back 1%  - No fees. And a great alert system. 

American Express - Simply Cash Back 1.25%  - No fees. Easy quick online application 

VISA debit cards - only available though some of the big 5 banks. Is basically an ATM card attached to your bank account that appears to be a Visa credit card to the vendor. Which is useless in my opinion but may be of value to others. 

Public Mobile Payment Vouchers.....NO auto-pay credit 

Your question. 

Can I use a gift visa/mastercard you purchase at the grocery store?

I don’t think so. If you want to avoid a credit card, using the voucher option is it for you. But be warned, voucher purchases have their drawbacks as some times the voucher is not funded or valid for immediate use. 

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Without a creditcard your options are

1. purchase a PM voucher at a store or gas station

2. get a koho card- reloadable creditcard

3. prepaid credit- they have fees to use them, not all of them work with PM

4 recharge.com- you either need a CC or paypal to usse this (this may not be an option for you)

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Does anyone know if the Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard would work for autopay? The $25 card has an activation fee of $3.95. I would just leave this card on autopay and not use any of the funds from this card. I would top my account up each month using vouchers and use the vouchers to pay for my plan. I just see the activation fee on the page below. I am not sure if there are any monthly fees associated with this card.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/gifts-holidays/gifts/gift-cards/vanilla-prepaid-mastercard-visa-cards/N-47...

Hemalpatel_07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can use your debit card, if that debit card is debit visa or debit mastercard .

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

@JK8  Your best bet would be:

https://www.koho.ca/

Earn up to an extra 2%  cash back From Public Mobile

https://help.koho.ca/en/articles/3185845-koho-s-merchant-powerup-program

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JK8 

Do you have a VISA debit card from your bank? That would work with autopay

Not all prepaid credit cards can be used for autopay.  

Here is an older thread about this issue:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Setting-up-Autopay-using-Prep...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I believe you can purchase prepaid Visa debit cards to use with autopay.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

I know the Canada Post reloadable cards will work...and you'll get the Autopay Reward by using it.

Need Help? Let's chat.