cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay?

GusP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How reliable is autopay. It seems like people pay manually before autopay. Why? i dont see why it would fail. Isn't it just like paying a monthly Netflix or amazon service?

47 REPLIES 47

@Naepalm, you're like going to get at least $15 bucks off your plan the way I see how much you are climbing up the ranks on the community bravo'd board. You'll never have to pay!

I on the other hand, am now less in the community and looking after my kids. 

I have more appreciation for elementary school teachers, even though am one, but for adults!

@mpcdesign 

I feel like I have become a chicken  and haven't even gone through one renewal yet. I will never allow my account to be underfunded LOL

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@GusP 

In 99.9% autopay works flawlessly.

There is a known issue with downgrading, you need enough money for the higher plan to renew successfully. It's fine as the leftover will be used the next month. 

Why it fails other times nobody knows could be anywhere between pm all the way to cc, at any point it can fail. This is true for anything not just pm, I've seen other autpays fail for no reason.

The real grudge I have with it is complete lack of communication, not even an sms indicating this is the last one you will be receiving until the money is received and the account is reactivated.

Most of people again never ever have this issue

@iliketotalk@GusP, speak for yourself! I had an autopay issue when I first started. And am to chicken-poop to try without the manually adding funds to my account, and let nature and the 'great powers that may be' and let the system and take the funds from my credit card do it's job!

Am a big chicken!

@GusP 

@GusP wrote:

Hhmm. PM should try to upgrade their autopay systems to make it more robust. I hope I can rely on it because it would be easier to set it and not worry about it. 

@GusP unfortunately all you see here for the most part are the problems, 99% of the users don't have issues and you never or very rarely see them here so don't worry about it unless you have issues good luck and stay safe!!

@gblackma, I got ninja'd by the beast!

@GusP, the worst-case scenario if it fails, then you can use my madness method. Granted, I have a feeling the regular way of AutoPay will work fine for you.

Go ahead and add your credit card in your self-serve account:

1. Click on Manage AutoPay

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 3.58.52 PM.png

2. Enter your details.

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.41.10 AM.png

3. Click on Manage AutoPay to see if ok. If you see a similar window, you should be ok.

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 4.01.13 PM.png

@GusP  I tested my credit card by applying a one time $1 payment. Once that worked I knew that my autopay should too. Use screenshot below on where to do it. Stay safe. 

Make a patment.png

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

@GusP, here is to register your credit card.

GusP

Hhmm. PM should try to upgrade their autopay systems to make it more robust. I hope I can rely on it because it would be easier to set it and not worry about it. 

@GusP, I had an issue with my credit card. And I didn't want to lose my $2 a month and everything else. It is a work-around, but it works for me. I haven't changed my madness, because if it works well, for me, well don't change it.

Make sure the credit card is the same way you entered on your self-serve account and when you add your credit card for the autopay. Or else, you will run into some problems. 

By the time am writing this, someone may already have shown you how to add the correct address in if you live in a unit, suite, loft, room, etc. If not, I will send a link in the next post.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@GusP like all technology autopay fails sometimes. For almost all PM users it never fails. For a few it happens. The 611 payment thankyou text message around 12 pm eastern on day of payment is what you should look out for. It tells you everything worked.

FYI The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore it. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

Stay safe.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@GusP it could be the payment provider or the API that speaks from PM website to the payment provider. Companies like Amazon and Netflix have providers that can scale, meaning handle a huge impulse of volume. PM might be having scaling issues right now with more people coming into the ecosystem. 

From what I have read and been told by oracles is go in manually pay so your service doesn't get shut down or suspended. 

Have a great weekend!

GusP

@mpcdesign But i dont understand how this is different from Netflix taking the payment of my card automatically for example. I'm a little worried as autopay seems like it should work.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@GusP, because you truly don't want to see or have an inactive account either!

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 10.04.13 PM.png

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@GusP hi autopay is very dependable only a few unlucky souls have issues just dont forget to update cc if you get a new one that's usually when the issues start  😁

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@GusP, it can be flaky! Very flaky!

SO, what I normally do now, is place funds into my account before a week it expires, And when it come up for renewal, my account will look at the available funds.

It still works great this way, and I still get the $2 off each month.

Just place a reminder on your calendar if you want to add funds earlier than that. Plus, you get a text message from Public Mobile to pay up too a few days before the expiry date!!

Need Help? Let's chat.