cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay

Gem010518
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I register for the autopay, do I need to make a payment for the “balance owing?” sorry I’m a new user

6 REPLIES 6

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Gem010518, welcome aboard to Public Mobile.

When I first joined Public Mobile, I did the AutoPay as suggested, but, after my first month, my AutoPay failed on me! Sigh! 

From my understanding with the moderator at that time, I was told that I need available funds. And it comes out of this and then your credit card. My credit card was set-up properly I thought (credit card issue?) It didn't make any sense to me at that time, and even now (but that's okay because I had a work-around it).

Since AutoPay had failed on me in the first month, I have now made sure I had sufficient available funds in my account. I still have AutoPay set-up and it looks to my account first, then my credit card...but, for whatever reason why, at that time, my AutoPay didn't work properly for the credit card. Instead, I make sure I have enough funds in my account and pay manually. I make sure I have enough funds for 3 months. And it seems to be working on a plan. It's a good habit to get into because it seems about a few weeks ago, the self-serve accounts were down, and so, maybe for some, the accounts were suspended. (sometimes, Public Mobile self-service does go down for server maintenance, sometimes without warning)

Be warned, a few days before your plan is expiring, do expect a text message from Public Mobile (611), stating this:

Public Mobile here. Just a heads up, your payment is due on xxxx, xxxx. If you're on AutoPay or have already paid, please ignore this message.

And then when your payment goes through, you will get another message that reads:

Public Mobile here. Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfully renewed!  Let's keep the conversation going.

I say, try it out with the credit card, and if it fails after the first month, now you know why I do what I do! Hopefully, it works fine for you! 

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gem010518 

Nope, you wont need to do anything if you are setup on auto payments.

I would recommend to deposit your funds for the first payment regardless, so you can make sure that the card works.

Also just an FYI when your payment is due. Your account might show a messege "suspended/expired" . Just ignore that messege and when the auto payments goes through the "suspend/expired" will go away overnight.

You will also get an reminder text about 3 days before your payment is due. You can ignore this text as well since you will be on auto-pay.

Cheers

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Gem010518  It's your choice

You can make a payment and add the funds to your account ensuring no issues with your credit card payment going through or you can let AutoPay kick in automatically during plan renewal.

@Gem010518 But just keep in mind, sometimes, autopay may fail, and account will stop working. Even with enabled autopay, I prefer to pay $ manually to cover my plan +1$ extra, just in case.

Gem010518
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks a lot!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Gem010518 No, it will be done automatically.

Need Help? Let's chat.