cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay

Lesliemac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why has my payment not been taken and my account deactivated? 

4 REPLIES 4

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Lesliemac, since AutoPay had failed on me in the first month, I have now made sure I had sufficient available funds in my account. I still have AutoPay set-up and it looks to my account first, then my credit card...but, for whatever reason why, at that time, my AutoPay didn't work properly for the credit card. Yes, I know the issue, but old habits are hard to break.

So, I make sure I have enough funds in my account and pay manually. I make sure I have enough funds for 3 months. And it seems to be working on a plan. It's a good habit to get into because it seems about an hour ago, the self-serve accounts were down, and so, maybe for some, the accounts were suspended. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Lesliemac,

Although it seems weird though, I am like every new person who set up a credit card in the self-serve account to get the coveted $2 bucks savings each month. My first crack at this meant my account being suspended just like you. From my understanding with the moderator at that time, I was told that I need available funds. And it comes out of this and then your credit card. My credit card was set-up properly I thought (credit card issue?) It didn't make any sense to me at that time, and even now (but that's okay because I had a work-around it).

Although I have my credit card set-up on my account, I actually manually apply a one-time fee every 3 months to make sure I have enough funds before the due date. The account will look at the available funds, and then my credit card (and as I said above, I have a feeling, my auto-pay from a credit card was flaky).

But, what happens if self-serve is down? And my payment is due? I learnt in the past and I learned from my mistakes that this works wonders for me. And maybe for others its a hassle. You do what works for you once the accounts are up and running.

Trust me, I haven't had an issue since I have done this. No more suspended accounts! Again, add a pre-amount before the due date (a week before) is good. Make sure you have enough funds to pay for your next payment. 

As you can see in my screenshot, my available funds are $62, and my next payment cycle is $40. And the amount owing is $0. 
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 12.32.53 AM.png

If my available funds were $2 with a payment cycle at $40. My amount may show you an owing amount would be $38.00 (the following screenshot has been modified in Photoshop, to show you what I mean).
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 12.37.40 AM.png

I hope this helps a bit?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lesliemac wrote:

Is this your renewal night?

Are your services still working?

If so then ignore what you see in the self-serve and check that your services work still through mid-morning tomorrow.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Lesliemac wrote:

@Lesliemac Add funds to your account manually and click Activation button. Sometimes, Autopay fails..

Need Help? Let's chat.