cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay stopped working

TP626
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We've always had AutoPay setup on our Public Mobile phones and it has always worked flawlessly... until this month. There should have been a payment on the 20th but it never happened (even though we have the $2 credit on the account for it!) Nothing has changed with our credit card. But now the account for this phone is suspended. ☹️

I saw in another post about giving AutoPay a jumpstart by manually paying $1 so maybe I will try something like that (or maybe just pay the full amount to ensure that the phone is functional again and hope that the problem doesn't crop up again in 30 days time.)

Ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

@PMRalphed wrote:

"Sometimes fails unfortunately"....?

SO...this is an ongoing probem with Public Mobile's own "Autopay" process that they cannot even fix...?

Making people start to pay manually to temporarily fix a recurrent problem is...well..."not service".

Very disappointed. How hard is it to fix your own App?

Payments can fail at any company for different reasons. it can be caused by issues at Public, with card, or the bank. Credit card payments don't work 100% of the time.

PMRalphed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

"Sometimes fails unfortunately"....?

SO...this is an ongoing probem with Public Mobile's own "Autopay" process that they cannot even fix...?

Making people start to pay manually to temporarily fix a recurrent problem is...well..."not service".

Very disappointed. How hard is it to fix your own App?

PMRalphed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The solution of manually paying to resolve this is....well...rather ridiculous, don't you think? It is not 'sometimes autopay service' or 'partly autopay service'....it is AUTOPAY.

@normtail wrote:

I have been on autopay for over 5 years without problems now my account has expired. My credit card is fully funded and my bank statement for September  26, 2020 has a $ 5.75 add on pending and a September 27,2020 has $ 111.53 pending from bank. They public Mobile wants me to pay over $ 120.00 when my bill is only $ 117.28 What is wrong with this corporate IT department with all the money they make since Canada has the highest costs for mobile phone plans in the develop world..

@normtail What were the pending charges for? What plan are you on that they want over $120 for? Obviously the 90 plans, disregard. A snapshot of your billing page might be helpful, with personal details obscured.

normtail

I have been on autopay for over 5 years without problems now my account has expired. My credit card is fully funded and my bank statement for September  26, 2020 has a $ 5.75 add on pending and a September 27,2020 has $ 111.53 pending from bank. They public Mobile wants me to pay over $ 120.00 when my bill is only $ 117.28 What is wrong with this corporate IT department with all the money they make since Canada has the highest costs for mobile phone plans in the develop world..

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Prepay your account and keep auto-pay in place.

For your future use and thought. Since we all depend on our mobile devices we need to have reliable service so here is a method to insure yourself to avoid the insufficient funds situation. 

Manually pay 30 days ahead. Leave auto pay in place (just in case) as that alone gives you $2 off and if it is NOT used you will still get the $2 off. Then when you receive your text that your account has been paid, that then becomes your reminder to prepay again. Depending on the accumulation of any earned (vs expected) credits you may occasionally downward adjust the amount you prepay. Do a screen print of your text and treat it like a bill to pay. 

Copyright 2020

TP626

Now that you mention it, as far as I can recall, we never got our "3 day 611 payment due reminder text" on this phone. Maybe that was an indicator that AutoPay was going to fail!

So much for AutoPay, eh? This is rather distressing since the phone in question is our "travel" phone that we carry with us in the car for use in emergencies (and, these days, when we show up at a store that requires you to call them and they bring stuff out to your car!) It would have been rather "unfortunate" to have the phone along, get into an accident or have something else happen, only to find that I have a non-functional phone with us. [I've never dealt with *611 so I have no idea what the interface is there and whether it is very simple to make a payment using it.]

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@TP626 you could definitely log into your self service account when you get your 3 day 611 payment due reminder text.  Log in and manually apply a 1 time payment for the amount due. You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

If this fails, contact the moderators and ask them to apply payment, and to reactivate your service for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TP626 , it does seem like some accounts have issues with auto payment.  Personally, none of my accounts have had any issues.  It is a tough nut to crack.  It might be worthwhile to ask the moderators to do an account reset to see if that fixes things going forward.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@TP626 

Autopay sometimes fails unfortunately.  You should manually load up the fund for the month's payment and then it should automatically restart. 

In the future, you could manually load up funds one to two days prior to payment date to prevent this rare occurrence from happening, but it defeats the purpose of having autopay.  Some regular forum members do this though....

Need Help? Let's chat.