cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay reward with vouchers

CindyHH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why don't I get the Autopay reward / discount when I have pre-loaded my account with vouchers and Public Mobile automatically deducts payment for the next month?  My credit card is international and not accepted for autopay so I have no choice but to use vouchers.  Not impressed by this.

19 REPLIES 19

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren Thank you for your fast response 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brent_liza wrote:

If i have auto pay set up and purchase a voucher what will happen? Will it charge the difference between the two? example i have $20.00 voucher and my plan is $40.00. Will it charge my credit card $20.00? Sorry i am new to the forum and this may have been asked.

@brent_liza 100% correct. 

Also, as long as you have a credit card entered in the system and Auto Pay turned on, it does not matter if the payment itself comes 100% from the auto pay, 100% from voucher(s), or anywhere in between--you still get the $2 credit.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

brent_liza

If i have auto pay set up and purchase a voucher what will happen? Will it charge the difference between the two? example i have $20.00 voucher and my plan is $40.00. Will it charge my credit card $20.00? Sorry i am new to the forum and this may have been asked.

brent_liza

Did the $2.00 credit show up with the registration of the prepaid card?

Mulder7983
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes i had one on my accoutn with pm before someone port it out onme then dont wnat it now it lost

@srlawren wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@Mulder7983 wrote:

yes prepaid card will work for selfsever accoputn i have one on my pm accoutn and it work fine

Thank you for confirming. 

@srlawren You sure? I will try adding as i have one sitting around. 

@NDesai nope, not sure.  Just a vague recollection.

I was able to successfully add a prepaid mastercard  🙂

cc: @CindyHH

srlawren

@NDesai wrote:

@Mulder7983 wrote:

yes prepaid card will work for selfsever accoputn i have one on my pm accoutn and it work fine

@NDesai nope, not sure.  Just a vague recollection.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Mulder7983 wrote:

srlawren

@CindyHH to the best of my recollection, the self-serve system does not work with pre-paid credit cards.

CindyHH

I'll try the prepaid credit card option, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There have been discussions in the past about including PayPal as a payment option.  It didn't go far presumably because no other Telus brand offers it.  Maybe it is time to put in on the table and try again.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

wow, that's surprising

Mulder7983
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CindyHHwrote:

Thank you for your prompt reply.  Public Mobile needs to extend their services to accept international credit cards.  I remain a dissatisfied customer.

While accepting international cards would be a nice feature, as would accepting payments by PayPal, I disagree that Public Mobile needs to offer it. It's a Canadian company that offers no frills cell phone service. I assume that fees and/or paying for software upgrades for this play into the decision to only accept the two major types of Canadian credit cards. But they offer an alternative for people who do not have an according card.

Yes, I have been there, when the lack of Canadian credit history / credit card led to some frustrating experiences. But if there was a way around that situation at no major disadvantage I always made the according choice.

There are a couple of choices here:

- Buy the vouchers and pay full price (not counting any other rewards you might get.)

- Find a friend / family member etc who is willing to get their credit card number on your account as mentioned by @computergeek541 above. Still buy vouchers but get autopay rewards.

- Get a Canadian credit card, also helps building your Canadian credit history. Get a secured credit card from a financial institution or apply for a store credit card (never keep a balance on the later to avoid paying interest that's akin to highway robbery!). Also, I think I saw a report from a community member who uses a very specific bank issued prepaid credit card (gift card style cards won't work)

- Find a comparable deal at a provider who accepts international credit cards.

@computergeek541wrote:

@CindyHHwrote:

Why don't I get the Autopay reward / discount when I have pre-loaded my account with vouchers and Public Mobile automatically deducts payment for the next month?  My credit card is international and not accepted for autopay so I have no choice but to use vouchers.  Not impressed by this.

Sorry, but you're not receiving autopay rewards because you're not suscribed to that feature.  Unfortunately, there isn't any way around this unless you can use a credit card/visa debit card for payment.

If you have a close friend who would be willing to have the payment applied to his or her card, you would get the discount.

A friend who would be willing to just have their Canadian credit card number on the op's account would be enough. Billing to that credit card is not necessary if the account holder prefers paying directly with vouchers.

As long as a credit card is on file you get autopay rewards, even if you pay with vouchers. Works flawlessly for me - I choose to use the voucher route to have an immideate payment receipt for the accountant.

@CindyHHwrote:

Sorry, but you're not receiving autopay rewards because you're not suscribed to that feature.  Unfortunately, there isn't any way around this unless you can use a credit card/visa debit card for payment.

If you have a close friend who would be willing to have the payment applied to his or her card, you would get the discount.

CindyHH

Thank you for your prompt reply.  Public Mobile needs to extend their services to accept international credit cards.  I remain a dissatisfied customer.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

You must add a credit card to enable AutoPay. That is it why it does not apply to you.

I thought of something you can try, but I am not sure if a prepaid mastercard can be added to self-serve account. 

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unfortunately, the auto pay reward is only avaialble when a credit card is set up.  That's just the terms of the reward.

Need Help? Let's chat.