cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay renewal date mix up?

elam40
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I am currently on the $35 plan with autopay every 3 months, and have placed the $25 plan to start on my next renewal date which is on June 2nd. However, I got charged ~$28 (which is $25+tax) this month on my visa...

The money is just sitting in my Public Mobile account. But I thought that the charges were suppose to come on the renewal date/month and not a month earlier....

Any suggestions or information as to if this is normal? Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is info about how to setup autopay.

Log into self serve here then click payment, and click manage my card, then click replace or remove card, and add or replace it and set up the new card for autopay, you can verify it after by clicking manage auto pay and confirming it is active.

You can also confirm auto-pay is properly re-configured after switching cards when you look at your self-serve overview near the bottom left corner under the AutoPaysection it will say

• You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay

elam40

Awesome! Thanks!

@elam40 wrote:

Oh, I never realized that there were plans that did not allow for the 3-month payment. 

But yes, good point. I did not realize that the autopay reward was not deducted. 

....How do you send the Moderator a private message....sorry I'm new to the Public Mobile Community... 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

elam40

Mmm, perhaps. Maybe I clicked something by mistake. 

Good to know that the money will be put to use. 

Thanks!

elam40

Oh, I never realized that there were plans that did not allow for the 3-month payment. 

But yes, good point. I did not realize that the autopay reward was not deducted. 

....How do you send the Moderator a private message....sorry I'm new to the Public Mobile Community... 

@elam40 wrote:

After checking my payment history, it says that I had made a top-up for March 12th.

Though I have no recollection of doing so...

@elam40  Must have been when you were setting up the plan change. In any event that amount will be used to cover the renewal in June so nothing to be worried about.

elam40

After checking my payment history, it says that I had made a top-up for March 12th.

Though I have no recollection of doing so...

@elam40 wrote:

It seems as though it is in the Public Mobile account, unspent. Though it was in mid-March that I made this change for change of plan. Just confused as to why they charged me a month early...

Thanks for the effort!

@elam40  It appears that the plan change was setup properly to renew on your next renewal from your description above. As for the  $25 balance in your account is it  possible that you made a one-time payment for that amount? You should be able to tell by reviewing your online payment history for March.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elam40 For the $25 plan is charged every 30 days and you should not be charged again next cycle in June for you have enough money for that. But how come your autopay reward has not been deducted? I will check with the Moderator for that. Just send them a private message and check out for that matter. 

elam40

It seems as though it is in the Public Mobile account, unspent. Though it was in mid-March that I made this change for change of plan. Just confused as to why they charged me a month early...

Thanks for the effort!

elam40

I checked my account in the plans section and theres a bubble that says that the plan will change to the $25 on the next renewal date. So I think the problem probably isnt on this, though it would have made sense...

But I did this "change plan on next renewal date" in mid-March I think...which was about 2 weeks after I paid for 3 months of my $35 plan. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@elam40 wrote:

Hi there,

I am currently on the $35 plan with autopay every 3 months, and have placed the $25 plan to start on my next renewal date which is on June 2nd. However, I got charged ~$28 (which is $25+tax) this month on my visa...

The money is just sitting in my Public Mobile account. But I thought that the charges were suppose to come on the renewal date/month and not a month earlier....

When changing plans, self-serve will say that you need to make payment if you don't have any money in balance.  "This cost of this plan is higher than your current available funds. 
You will need to make a payment to your account to complete the plan change."  Did you maybe make payment already?  Maybe clicked on change now button by accident?

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Could it just be that you were charged the 25$ right away, but that the 25$ is not "spent" for now, it is just waiting to be spent when your next renewal is due.  It's like "money in the bank"... at Public Mobile.  It will not cost you more, it's  just that the money is in your Public Mobile account instead of your real bank account.  I'll try to verify this hypothesis by looking into prvious posts and let you know if I find anything....

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@elam40 wrote:

Hi there,

@elam40  Are you sure you setup the plan change to take effect on your next renewal? When you login into your account what plan is active?

Need Help? Let's chat.