cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay renewal - Something went wrong

mgmussi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

Recently I changed my address and then I updated my banking info. Today, I got this message saying my Autopay did not go through. So I assumed it was because of the registered address, which was not matching anymore. By then, I had $32 due. Once I updated my card, I tried to make a one-time payment, but it still gave me an error. So I refreshed the page. But then my balance went up to $10, my amount due dropped to $10 (and I paid 7, because I have autopay and one friend) and now I don't know if my plan is still active or what, because I didn't get charged for the $33,60 (with taxes), but for $7,35...

It says "Account Status: Plan Expired" (but today is the due date)

Should I do something or just wait and see?

19 REPLIES 19

@Nikkimacbell wrote:

My bank card expired and I need help renewing my information 

@Nikkimacbell Go into your self serve account. Click payment tab at the top. Click Manage my card at the bottom.

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 7.04.04 PM.png

Nikkimacbell

My bank card expired and I need help renewing my information 

frankslo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Everything back to normal.

What you can do is set up auto pay but don't use it. 

1. Set up auto-pay (that gets you $2 off)

2. Prepay two months

3. Every time you get a text warning of your payment is due pay another month ahead. 

Auto - pay will never kick in. You will always know ahead of time if your card is working or not. You can adjust the amount you prepay based on your rewards...but be on the side of overpaying a bit in case you lose a referral or a referral does a temporary suspend. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frankslo wrote:

No, I first reactivated Autopay by paying  with credit card which was already on file from before.

On Nov. 16 new month begins so I hope it will be back to normal - I sent ticket to moderators. Will let you know if anything different.

And did you check your usage details for data usage since that reactivation? The upper one. The lower one just gives a summary.

frankslo

No, I first reactivated Autopay by paying  with credit card which was already on file from before.

On Nov. 16 new month begins so I hope it will be back to normal - I sent ticket to moderators. Will let you know if anything different.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frankslo wrote:

A bit different question:

In Summer I went to Europe for 2 months, so I disconnected Auto-pay.

When reactivating Auto-pay on my return, it didn’t give me 256 Mb bonus Data. 
Will I get it next cycle? I am on $15 Autopay.

@frankslo 

So this is an interesting development.

Did you pay up and reactivate and then turned on autopay after that?

We have heretofore come to the conclusion that the $15 plan is inseparable from the autopay data.

Is it possible that your phone ploughed through the data and then you noticed you had none and put your own two and two together?

Check your upper usage details link for what all has transpired since you reactivated.

frankslo

gpixel4, Thank you very much for such a quick response and suggestion. I already asked.

@frankslo contact customer support mods

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

frankslo

A bit different question:

In Summer I went to Europe for 2 months, so I disconnected Auto-pay.

When reactivating Auto-pay on my return, it didn’t give me 256 Mb bonus Data. 
Will I get it next cycle? I am on $15 Autopay.

mgmussi

Hey everyone.

Thanks for answering. To wrap up, I think the main problem was that when my credit card was rejected, the system didn't find the resources to finish the payment and got a little crazy. By accident, I deposited the $7 I mentioned. So as soon as I debited the amount I would pay regularly, it all went well.

Thanks for your assistance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

The strange part is how it says expired at this time of day, unless payment was due last night and you just haven't been cut off yet.

I had self-suspended my "data" account when I reactivated my "dormant' account. That reactivation ran out and so I reactivated my data account. It took my money. All services worked. Date was 30 days hence. Plan Expired. I tried lost/stolen again. No change. Not exactly the same as a renewal problem but kinda pretty much. Odd.

I was done and done with the mods in just over an hour.

amount due-01~2.jpeg

@mgmussi

when changing plans, make sure you have the "available funds" in your account to cover the new plan. the pm payment system is not good at processing transactions.. having the funds in your pm account will relieve stress on the payment system

mgmussi

@computergeek541 

Yes I got the following:

"We tried to process your Autopay renewal but something went wrong. Please make a one-time payment at *611..."

@Helpershelper and @Mornerichard thanks for your answers as well. My cards all work. So it is that I got charged the $7...

@mgmussi wrote:

@computergeek541

Another thing I forgot to mention is that, after I updated my bill info, before making the manual payment, I tried updating my Plan to the new 35$ one with 2Gb and that's when the payment failed.

So, thinking back, I might be without a plan now... is that possible?

As your plan is still working, probably nothing went wrong. That error message is shown to everyone just before renewal. The strange part is how it says expired at this time of day, unless payment was due last night and you just haven't been cut off yet.

Did you get a plan renewal failure message in a text message?

I would make another payment so that there is exacly $35 in your Public Mobile availabe funds.  

mgmussi

@computergeek541

Another thing I forgot to mention is that, after I updated my bill info, before making the manual payment, I tried updating my Plan to the new 35$ one with 2Gb and that's when the payment failed.

So, thinking back, I might be without a plan now... is that possible?

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mgmussi 

I would just pay what’s owing as it’s all prepaid, so if you don’t pay, your plan expires. Are you able to pay your bill, or is there something wrong with the credit card. In the manage card section, just make sure you only have your most recent credit card. If it’s an address issue, I’d say leave the apartment field blank and enter your apartment number in the street address field, i.e. xxx - street address.

If you are still having issues, you can contact the moderators here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Mornerichard

Firstly, credit cards sometimes doesn't work if yoy changed your address with the bank, because the bank also links it to your postal code to approve online transactions.

You can also try do manually add funds to your account. Add the amount you think you owe, if some of it goes unused, it will just remain in your account and your payment next month will be less. 

@mgmussi wrote:

Hello!

Recently I changed my address and then I updated my banking info. Today, I got this message saying my Autopay did not go through. So I assumed it was because of the registered address, which was not matching anymore. By then, I had $32 due. Once I updated my card, I tried to make a one-time payment, but it still gave me an error. So I refreshed the page. But then my balance went up to $10, my amount due dropped to $10 (and I paid 7, because I have autopay and one friend) and now I don't know if my plan is still active or what, because I didn't get charged for the $33,60 (with taxes), but for $7,35...

It says "Account Status: Plan Expired" (but today is the due date)

Should I do something or just wait and see?

Has your service stopped working?

As for the manual payment, pretend that you have no rewards and make a payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.