cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay question

Leaving
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I checked my rewards info. I am using the Koho prepaid credit card to pay my monthly bill. The rewards info shows I owe $36. I am on the $40 plan.

I calculated the bill to be $40.68 ($36 x 0.13 HST or $36 + $4.68).

Does this sound correct? I need to ensure enough is on the card. 

15 REPLIES 15

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @Leaving 

I am registered with autopay to collect rewards but i always pay manually when paying the other bills, just to dodge possibility of autopay failure, suspension and all the headache that comes with it.

It does feel good to see that 0 is estimated payment, so i advise you to do the same. 

To be honest i keep enough for two payments on the account, i just check mid month if i need to put more. 

I am totally reliant on technology.  As much as I think I am better, sadly I am not.  I use pre-authorized payments for everything and so far, no aut-payment system has let me down.  Call it lucky perhaps but I am going to let it ride; I am on a multi decade streak. 

laceydawn81

i always make sure my plan amount is on my koho card. just means it will add up for next month n u wont have to put as much on the next month..

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Leaving  it's frowned upon to give self solutions unless it is an actual solution.

If it was an accedent no worries. I have unmarked it.

@Leaving wrote:

Seems really confusing. 

You earned $4 credit. $2 was from AutoPay and another $2 from community rewards, looks like you earned the December Top 25% badge.

Leaving

Seems really confusing. 

@Leaving wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Leaving wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Leaving   it depends where teh extra $2 in rewards came from.  40$ -2$ autopay.  if $2 are from loyalty or community then yes. 36+hst is all you need on your koho card.  if the $2 are from refer a friend.  I would add the extra $2+hst unless you are sure they are not going to leave.

persoanlly i would put the $40+hst on the koho card just to make sure. the balance will be there for the next month.

Well, there was a $2.26 balance and I added $39.  I don't know why there's a $4 discount. 

If you click on the little arrow in the rewards section it shows you the break down of the rewards earned.

I assume that the $2.26 is on the credit card, not the self seve account? To the best of my knowledge Public Mobile uses full dollar pre tax amounts only in self serve.

When did you sign up? is it possible that this is your first renewal and there are $2 in available funds? That would reflect the autopay reward for the first payment since you got charged full plan cost + tax at sign-up.

Yes.  $2.26 was left on the credit card from last time.

In the reward info section:

Autopay rewards $2

Community rewards $2

Total owed: $36.00  ($40 - $4)

I would like to add extra but I have more expenses this month to save for. 😕

Ah, that solves the riddle.

Yes, a total of $40.68 on the credit card is ok.

However, personally, I'm in the camp that manually tops up the full plan amount in self serve before the renewal date to avoid any potential complications (and the resulting potential loss in service) with auto pay or rewards that didn't get applied.

@Leaving wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Leaving wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Leaving   it depends where teh extra $2 in rewards came from.  40$ -2$ autopay.  if $2 are from loyalty or community then yes. 36+hst is all you need on your koho card.  if the $2 are from refer a friend.  I would add the extra $2+hst unless you are sure they are not going to leave.

persoanlly i would put the $40+hst on the koho card just to make sure. the balance will be there for the next month.

Well, there was a $2.26 balance and I added $39.  I don't know why there's a $4 discount. 

If you click on the little arrow in the rewards section it shows you the break down of the rewards earned.

I assume that the $2.26 is on the credit card, not the self seve account? To the best of my knowledge Public Mobile uses full dollar pre tax amounts only in self serve.

When did you sign up? is it possible that this is your first renewal and there are $2 in available funds? That would reflect the autopay reward for the first payment since you got charged full plan cost + tax at sign-up.

Autopay rewards $2

Community rewards $2

Adding the amount you had originally intended will be sufficient.

Leaving

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Leaving wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Autopay rewards $2

Community rewards $2

@geopublic wrote:

@Leaving wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@@

@Leaving The $4 discount is the total of your AutoPay rewards. $2 for the first 30 days and $2 for your upcoming renewal.

That was my original thought as well.

Fyi looks like Leaving has been a PM customer for 2+ months.

Mimmo has the closest answer so far.

As Wetcoaster said, Leaving can check his rewards summary to see where the $4 is coming from. Don't you just love getting free unexpected credit?

@Leaving wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@@

@Leaving The $4 discount is the total of your AutoPay rewards. $2 for the first 30 days and $2 for your upcoming renewal.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Leaving 

I am registered with autopay to collect rewards but i always pay manually when paying the other bills, just to dodge possibility of autopay failure, suspension and all the headache that comes with it.

It does feel good to see that 0 is estimated payment, so i advise you to do the same. 

To be honest i keep enough for two payments on the account, i just check mid month if i need to put more. 

@Leaving wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Leaving

@mimmo wrote:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving wrote:

I checked my rewards info. I am using the Koho prepaid credit card to pay my monthly bill. The rewards info shows I owe $36. I am on the $40 plan.

I calculated the bill to be $40.68 ($36 x 0.13 HST or $36 + $4.68).

Does this sound correct? I need to ensure enough is on the card. 

It looks right.

You activated last month and this is your first renewal?

You get double the AutoPay reward for your first renewal.

For your subsequent renewals, your bill will be $38 + taxes.

Edit: Nevermind me LOL. Jumped the gun.

Need Help? Let's chat.