cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay problem

DJ14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We got a new credit card from Capital 1. I cancelled my old card (VISA) and removed it from the Autopay. I have tried 5 times now to register my new card on Autopay, on 2 different occasions and hours apart. Public Mobile tells me via an error reply in a red box something to the effect that “the Financial Institution will not approve .....blah blah blah” Same message each of the 5 times. I phoned Capital 1 after spending 45 minutes or so with 2 different people and the outcome was that they could see my attempts to register and that there would be no charges for the $0.00 transactions. They said that the problem has to be with Public Mobile and suggested that I fill out the Public Mobile submission very carefully, using the EXACT address, abbreviations etc. I have double checked everything the last 2 times and I still get the error message. I’m about to just say screw it and go to another carrier. This Public Mobile self serve and the lack of a human helping at 611 reminds me of a poorly run circus where all of the clowns are drunk. Can anyone provide a possible solution before I take both of our accounts to another carrier?

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DJ14  LOL. Problem is that when there are multiple attempts a security lock gets triggered on your account and needs to be reset by PM. You need to submit a ticket and ask them to clear the lock.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@DJ14 wrote:

We got a new credit card from Capital 1. I cancelled my old card (VISA) and removed it from the Autopay. I have tried 5 times now to register my new card on Autopay, on 2 different occasions and hours apart. Public Mobile tells me via an error reply in a red box something to the effect that “the Financial Institution will not approve .....blah blah blah” Same message each of the 5 times. I phoned Capital 1 after spending 45 minutes or so with 2 different people and the outcome was that they could see my attempts to register and that there would be no charges for the $0.00 transactions. They said that the problem has to be with Public Mobile and suggested that I fill out the Public Mobile submission very carefully, using the EXACT address, abbreviations etc. I have double checked everything the last 2 times and I still get the error message. I’m about to just say screw it and go to another carrier. This Public Mobile self serve and the lack of a human helping at 611 reminds me of a poorly run circus where all of the clowns are drunk. Can anyone provide a possible solution before I take both of our accounts to another carrier?

hahahahahahaha that was funny!  I guess we are the clowns. 🤣

Hi @DJ14 you got a few suggestions from our very knowledgeable community members above.  I hope you get your credit card issue solved asap.  Good luck!

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact moderator team by clicking the "?" in the bubble at bottom right of this screen.

@DJ14 

Another hint is to leave the apartment number section blank.  Clear cache, different web browser and incognito mode. 

Moderators/PM employees can definitely help, but will take a few hours to respond (might be even longer)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you NOT use the apt# field?

Did you NOT have a space in the postal code? Or sometimes even keeping it but dropping the last digit.

I had an issue with a card a while ago where the agent for the card stumbled across a space in my name somewhere. Something like FirstName Initial (space) Lastname. They removed the extraneous space somewhere and then it all worked. I can't recall if their system had separate fields and one of them had the space. Maybe it was a leading space.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@DJ14 use all capital letters and no spaces in the postal code. maybe wait till tomorrow since you've exhausted your attempts.

or

contact customer support mods

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "cannot process payment"
(use the chat bubble options, click "voucher" then click "contact us" then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.