cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay not working

llotter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I set up autopay and I get autopay rewards but my account isn't autopaying.  I got messages just now that I needed to pay myy account. What's happening?

31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayT wrote:

I think I have answered your questions. I'm on Auto pay via chequing account. Due date has passed with no debit from my account.

If I make a manual payment (with no confirmation of payment), who's to say i don't get dinged twice? (being I can not pick up the phone to confirm).

I simply want to pay my plan bill...and use the phone.  Why is this a challenge? And, is this a regular complaint and problem??

Thank you

"via chequing account"? How do you do that? I thought Autopay was only doable with credit card or Visa Debit.

Edit: Never mind. I did some reading.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Getting double billed could be a possibility but I think it's unlikely. I have seen this complaint several times before but haven't heard of them getting auto billed after the payment date has passed. If you need your phone I would try a manual payment; if you do get double billed you can always talk to the mods about it.

I wouldn't say it's a common issue for most customers but each month some people have auto pay fail. If you have 3 or more accounts renewing on the same card on the same day this increases your chances of a problem. Also paying with a debit card seems to increase the chances of a fail; it may depend on which bank the debit card if from but I'm not sure.

Yes, you would think it would be simple but PM has some glitches and unfortunately, mod response times have been much longer than usual. 

JayT

I think I have answered your questions. I'm on Auto pay via chequing account. Due date has passed with no debit from my account.

If I make a manual payment (with no confirmation of payment), who's to say i don't get dinged twice? (being I can not pick up the phone to confirm).

I simply want to pay my plan bill...and use the phone.  Why is this a challenge? And, is this a regular complaint and problem??

Thank you

jp2

Member of the community can often help other users fix their own problems which, is why I'm trying to help you. If you would answer the question I have repeatedly asked we may be able to restore your service today instead of in a few hours or days when the mods respond. Again I recommend making a manual payment if you weren't charged.

I told you not to send more than one message to the mods because every time you send a new message to the mods the system will put all of your messages to the back of the line resulting in a longer wait time to have a mod help you. Mod wait times can be a few days. 

JayT

Nothing came out....

no service.

If you have no say????? why are we talking? 

AND you telling me not to send a cpl msgs????

jp2

No, I'm not a mod. The private message you sent will be responded to by a mod.

So you are saying there was no issue with the funds or the transfer? That means payment was successful. But you are saying there is no service?

JayT

If not, Please refer those of us who need feed back and resolution.

This is a Joke!

JayT

Are you a moderator???

JayT

it's not a fund issue...it's a ..there waas no withdrawl issue...and a service interuption. 

jp2

Well, I'm not really sure what help I can provide when you don't answer my questions. The only thing I can recommend is to make a manual payment in an attempt to restore service until you hear back from the mods. 

JayT

I think it's a bug..chill and reboot.

Look at the complaints.  know one's doing.

jp2

Can you clarify which account you are referring to as heavy plenty of funds? Bank account or Public mobile account.

Do you have a credit card or debit card on auto pay?

JayT

I did. 

JayT

Not being a pric.

JayT

Thank you "tips"!

I want my phone on. There is plenty of money there.

Jeromy

jp2

Do NOT send multiple messages to the mods every new message you send puts all of your messages to the back of the queue.

Your bank account has enough funds or your PM account has enough funds?

med2107
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It would be better to contact the moderator team

Put Moderator_Team in email address 

JayT

Recieved an  "account expired" message this morning. And another message said I was "Suspended". 

Third month with P.Mobile and everything was smooth until now.

I'm on auto-pay...and no debit to my account; there is more than enough money there!

Checked with the bank and no transfer problems there. 

Has anyone else had this problem or advice to give?

I have msg'd Moderators twice now.

Thank's 

Jay

Not an idiot.. .just didn't notice the problem.

Glad you've figured it out.

llotter

I'm an idiot, my CC had expired!

Thanks all.

L

jp2

If you need service renewed before the mods respond you should be able to pay manually to restore service. 

llotter

yeah, my phone's not working so it's a bit of an issue for me...

I had the same message on a new account. Next day it was fine, BUT it was only a secondary line so no service was fine for a day.

Emergency backup for these situations described here: BE PREPARED

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@llotter, as @Luddite has just posted, if your phone is working - do not worry.  If it isn't working - contact the moderators.

jp2

If your payment day has passed and service is still working auto pay was successful.

These messages always appear for a little while around the payment date it's just a glitch. You will know if you missed a payment because your service will stop working

llotter

I will try the mods, thanks.

llotter

Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

But also:

• AutoPay
  • You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay
  • AutoPay Next Payment Date: Aug 20, 2018
  • AutoPay Amount: This is your plan cost minus Rewards. Any Available funds will be applied first.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Autopay has been buggie lately. If your phone is still working, just wait a bit and reboot your phone. The system may "heal" itself.

Otherwise, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue along with your phone number and 4 digit PIN. If you’ve forgotten the PIN, provide any 3 of the following in your message: complete mailing address, email address, alternate phone number,  last top up date & amount.

If your service has been suspended, you could try calling 611 and making a manual payment.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

If the message is a text message - keep reading.  The text notification specifically says if you're on AutoPay, ignore this message.

llotter

no, it's definitely not working.  My autopay date was yesterday and I have all sorts of messages saying how delinquent I am.

Need Help? Let's chat.