cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay not working - if I just pay, will I lose my $2?

Sherrycheng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi friends! My autopay isn’t working and my account is now suspended. This is the first time it’s ever happened since joining Jan 2018, but it’s quite troublesome. 

I was wondering if I could just complete a one-time payment right now instead of wait for a moderator to get back to me?

thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

jiwa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

same thing happened to my account. I had to manually paid and set up the auto payment again. but I didn't lose the $2 credit. it was added to my next bill as the credit. so on my following bill the balance showed as "monthly fee - $2 credit (from the previous month) - $2 credit (from autopayment current month)" hope that give you some information.

Sherrycheng

Hi everyone! Just an update: a mod responded to me and explained that my credit card was blocked. I've been with Public Mobile for a while now and this is the first time this has ever happened and hopefully it'll be the last though.

Thanks for all the help!

@Sherrycheng wrote:

@geopublic so you mean I should sign up for autopay, but still set a monthly reminder to myself to manually pay my bill?

@Sherrycheng  Yes, that is what I do and to be honest there is still a chance that it will get messed up because of an upcoming programming change. Your plan your choice.

@Sherrycheng wrote:

@geopublic so you mean I should sign up for autopay, but still set a monthly reminder to myself to manually pay my bill?

I must admit I don't get the purpose of autopay if you need to still have to do a manual pre-payment.  Personally speaking I've never had to manually do a payment (except for add-ons) and so far the autopay has worked without any glitches, even through plan changes, other users suggest to always do a manual top up to prevent any possible hiccups. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherrycheng wrote:

Yup. Only because of all the constant ridiculous issues with autopay. You still get $2 whether it goes to the cc or not.

Sherrycheng

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sherrycheng wrote:

Hi friends! My autopay isn’t working and my account is now suspended. This is the first time it’s ever happened since joining Jan 2018, but it’s quite troublesome. 

I was wondering if I could just complete a one-time payment right now instead of wait for a moderator to get back to me?

thanks!

@Sherrycheng  With Public Mobile there is always a first time.Smiley Happy This is a known issue many have reported similar issue in the past week so there is definitely a system bug with AutoPay and renewals for some users.

As others have reported you need to wait for the moderator to fix it. To be safe and avoid these issues in the future  it's best to setup a phone reminder and do a onetime payment 2 days before your renewal date to be safe.

Sherrycheng

@Anonymous wrote:

Would you be willing to try the 611 service and see if it does anything differently?

That’s a good suggestion. I’ll give it a shot when I’m able to get to somewhere quiet enough to listen to my phone. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherrycheng wrote:

Yeah, I just tried it. It actually just denied my payment completely, even though my card isn’t expired/at its limit.

I’ll just message a mod. Thanks!

Would you be willing to try the 611 service and see if it does anything differently?

Sherrycheng

Yeah, I just tried it. It actually just denied my payment completely, even though my card isn’t expired/at its limit.

I’ll just message a mod. Thanks!

Sherrycheng

Okay, thanks! I’ll give it a quick try 

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

i tried that it didnt work .it just added more money to my account .i think i would message the moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherrycheng wrote:

thanks!

This is indeed a troublesome problem. Making manual payments will not affect a configured autopay reward.

Edit: make sure your credit card (or bank account) is valid for expiry or limit.

Need Help? Let's chat.