cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay not working for second month in a row

chanpcp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have registered autopay that public mobile has my card information. Last month they text message me about insufficient fund, fixed the issue last month through back and forth with moderator

Now this month again, I was under the impression the autopay system work, same text message again. But no, Autopay didn't go thru and they suspend my account.  And now I lost total 4 dollars of autopay credit which I eligible to receive, at no fault on my own.

Any one can help or have similar experience?

8 REPLIES 8

@chanpcp 

Make a manual payment to get your services started again. As suggested by @popping click on the reactivate button to resume if needed. If that does not work go to the usage or plans page and click on the lost/ stolen feature and suspend your service. Log in/out. Resume. Log out and reboot.

Many regulars prefer to make a manual payment each month to avoid the possibility of an autopay failure however it is important for you to get the assurance that your autopay will work reliably regardless if you choose to employ the manual method just in case you don't top up manually.

When you contact the moderators have them open a ticket with the tech team to look into your account and find out why autopay is failing if making a manual payment goes thru without an issue. That indicates the issue lies on the pm side not your side.

Finally check your transaction history to see if the autopay reward has been added to your balance. Rewards are normally added during renewal and well before your card would be charged or attempted to be charged by the autopay system. If you are not automatically recieving the $2 reward that would be an indication of a registration problem....and the possible source of your autopay issue.

Any missed rewards can be added manually by the moderator. Hopefully they will be able to sort out the issue before your next renewal. You can always check you account between 5am and 6am eastern to see if autopay has worked and if not top up the account with a manual payment to avoid suspension which generally occurs just after 6am eastern on accounts with insufficient funds to cover their plan cost.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chanpcp wrote:

I sent a private message to moderator team. I am guessing they are the ones whom initiate the ticket if needed

It will be faster to create a support ticket using the chat bubble at the bottom right hand side of this page.  

If you are using private message, moderator will ask you to login to your account before working on your account.

While you are waiting, test your autopay cc on file by add fund to your account and click you the "reactivate current plan" link to get your phone working ASAP. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@chanpcp  after the mod fixed the issue for this month, maybe you can  try to do a manual $1 transaction from your self-serve to confirm PM is able to charge without issue. 

@chanpcp wrote:

I sent a private message to moderator team. I am guessing they are the ones whom initiate the ticket if needed

@chanpcp 

Yes, the Moderator Team (Moderators) are the Public Mobile Service Representatives (employees).

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@chanpcp wrote:

I have registered autopay that public mobile has my card information. Last month they text message me about insufficient fund, fixed the issue last month through back and forth with moderator

Now this month again, I was under the impression the autopay system work, same text message again. But no, Autopay didn't go thru and they suspend my account.  And now I lost total 4 dollars of autopay credit which I eligible to receive, at no fault on my own.

Any one can help or have similar experience?

@chanpcp 

Unfortunately autopay does fail sometimes.

Anytime it fails, I suggest submitting a ticket to the Moderators to let them know (even if you get your services back up and running by making a manual top up).

When you do contact them ask them to add the missing $4, now, to your Available Funds balance.

If this happens again, submit another ticket and ask for the rewards to get added to your balance.

You are entitled to it, after all.

chanpcp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to you fix it explanation to moderator Team and the are nice service the will 100% help you

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service
  • you lost total 4 dollars of autopay don't worry about it the will fix it for you and applied to your account.

Good Luck

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Some people top their account with a manual payment before their renew date as a backup.

Have you tried removing and adding back your credit card or try using a different one ?

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.