cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay is down. Doesnt charge valid card. Doesnt let you replace card. Account currently suspended.

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looks like the portal is having some issues related to auto pay. Autopay has been working flawlessly from a year for me and today for the first time it did not work. Although autopay worked fine 3 days ago for my wifes account.

I took the below steps just a while ago

1. Tried paying the amount which is due with my registered credit card (which is still a valid card). Got an error a that the transaction cannot be processed. 

2. Tried replacing the credit card with a new valid credit card. I get the same error.

As now my account is suspended with no option to recharge.

I am also not able to get to create a ticket by chatting with Simon.

Mods - For god sakes, create a simple 'Create ticket' link in our account to directly create a ticket. I hate to say this but all chat bots suck.

Edit: Finally able to get to create a ticket after multiple attempts chatting with the bot. Seriously guys, have a create ticket option in our selfserve account. This is ridiculous.

10 REPLIES 10

bh123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue as OP. It must be on PM end. No notification at all that autopay didn't work, only finding out from colleagues unable to contact me by phone. Totally unacceptable service.

Credit card is known good as I made purchases today. No matter what I enter I receive:

"Unable to process this transaction.
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

The low tier service of the discount provider is rearing its head...

LydiaK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account showed suspended, along with a dialogue saying if I was on autopay to disregard... but then read that I needed to make a manual payment.  My autopay was scheduled for April 19th.  If Public suspends your account do they not give you a notification ?? 

I managed to reinstate and process a payment without having to contact a moderator.

1.  I tried to process amount due with the credit card on file, and got the same error... that its not valid.  It was a valid card.  Tried same with an amount greater than amount due.  same error.

2.  I replaced the credit card on file and entered all the information again for the same credit card.  saved it and processed a manual payment successfully.

Yeah !

@maheshboloor wrote:

@geopublic Thank you. I was able to purchase a voucher from ding and able to recharge. My account is now up and running and i am able to call and use data. Also my credit card on autopay is just fine. Did a purchase 2 mins ago and it went through fine. Ah well.

@maheshboloor  Glad to hear that everything is up and running again. 🙂👍

maheshboloor

@geopublic Thank you. I was able to purchase a voucher from ding and able to recharge. My account is now up and running and i am able to call and use data. Also my credit card on autopay is just fine. Did a purchase 2 mins ago and it went through fine. Ah well.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@maheshboloor  When you solve your card problem, just know that Autopay sometimes fails (if you enabled Autopay). So it is better to do manual payments even with enabled Autopay to prevent any suspension issues in the future. Stay safe.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@maheshboloor wrote:

Looks like the portal is having some issues related to auto pay. Autopay has been working flawlessly from a year for me and today for the first time it did not work. Although autopay worked fine 3 days ago for my wifes account.

1. Tried paying the amount which is due with my registered credit card (which is still a valid card). Got an error a that the transaction cannot be processed. 

2. Tried replacing the credit card with a new valid credit card. I get the same error.

Mods - For god sakes, create a simple 'Create ticket' link in our account to directly create a ticket. I hate to say this but all chat bots suck.

@maheshboloor  They say there's always a first time. The Public Mobile Auto-Pay system will on occasion timeout and when that happens as you found out your account gets suspended.

My recommendation when that happens is just to try and make a one-time payment  but instead of accepting the automatically generated amount owing select the custom amount and enter it manually. Just keep trying and it will eventually work.

Removing and adding credit cards is not a good idea as it ends up triggering a cc security lock that needs to be reset by the Moderator Team or wait for it to reset on it's own.

If your can't resolve the issue submit a ticket to PM and ask them to check the status of your Auto-Pay.

While waiting you can purchase a voucher online to get your plan up and running again.

vouchers.png

1. Xoom
    2. Recharge
    3. Ding

Hope this helps!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@maheshboloor 

I noticed that amount due option often gives issues, I always choose 'other amount' but put in the actual amount needed.

Try again registering your card, don't charge it but try dialing 611 and attempt it three. Replacing your card should also be there last option as it's sometimes headache to put it back

If you tried charging your card too many times it may be flagged by system in that case you need to contact moderatora https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

In the meantime you can get a voucher in a gas station or recharge.com as well as ding.com

maheshboloor

@JoyLuck Thank you. I opened a ticket and sent a message to the mods as well.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@maheshboloor wrote:

Use this link to message the moderators:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@maheshboloor use this private message link to contact the moderators  directly 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing allows the process to continue.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

While you wait for the moderators. 

You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or can also use 611 to make your payment( once you know your 4 digit pin):
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Let us know if it works. Thanks. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.