cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Autopay fails on renewal date

I guess I have 2 comments to that.

Yes it really is that hard. Through my work I have about 60 accounts that I deal with. But I guess if I treat the AutoPay as a zero value feature (it dosen't work) then it is just as bad as every other account that I have to go and manually pay each month. Oh wait, I don't have any of those anymore other than Public Mobile.... (Sorry for the slight sarcasim, I'm not as upset as it might sound)

As far as the very low percentage it affects, I can't say whether you are correct or wrong, I can only say that EVERY person I contacted (the ones I recommended switch to Public mobile) say they have had the SAME problem. But they either

a) Just waited (like I did the other times it happened) and they eventually got their phone back or

b) the manually fixed it AFTER it was a problem.

but I guess if everyone who runs into this problem gives up on autopay and pays in advance ... then the autopay won't fail for very many people.

I also still think it is very user hostile to have a feature like autopay and then give NO inidication that it failed other than to cut the phone service off.

THAT is where I'm particularly upset. And particularly becasue I didn't even KNOW they had cut it off until AFTER the school tried unsuccessfully to call me to pick up my sick child.

Now ... if the problem had been:

- my card expired and I didn't replace it

- I was over my credit limiit (I wasn't I had oven $50,000 left on my credit limit)

Then that would be one thing for them to cut off my phone and cause my sick child to be stuck at school.

But ... it wasn't - my card was, and continues to work fine with everyone else.

And Mobile did not TELL me that their process failed - they just cut off my phone.

THAT is why I (for the first time) reported an ongoing problem. And that is why I'm not letting the issue drop with 'oh well, you should assume the auto-pay is going to fail, then you won't have a problem'.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@madmanpierre  Then you have a quandary on your hands. You chose as prepaid service. Autopay is the last chance way to pay for your service. If it fails then your service fails. If you have no service that's public mobiles way of telling you....autopay has failed. Public mobile informs you a few days before your renewal that you need to pay. Unless you want to set your alarm at 3am after your renewal passes to check your account or test your phone to see if it has failed rather than pay a couple of days or a couple of hours before renewal or prepay for your service quarterly  your only other option is to choose a postpaid or prepaid service provider that allows scheduled automatic payments from your credit card or bank account. You have to decide is saving money with public mobile worth making manual payments and/or the risk of occasional autopay failure. I guess it's a good thing you're a 21st century guy....the hardships of the 1990's bill payments by cheque or a bank machine, Canada post mail and landlines!!! Goodness how did we ever survive?

Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

I guess it's a good thing you're a 21st century guy....the hardships of the 1990's bill payments by cheque or a bank machine, Canada post mail and landlines!!! Goodness how did we ever survive?

Do not fold, bend, spindle or mutilate.

Goodness how did we ever survive without the internet?