cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay failed, why?

Gerald1980
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, i registered for autopay and my credit card is valid and has money on it. Why did the autopay fail and how can i pay for mu phone service now? 

4 REPLIES 4

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Gerald1980 wrote:

Hi, i registered for autopay and my credit card is valid and has money on it. Why did the autopay fail and how can i pay for mu phone service now? 

Actually you do Not have money on your CC 🙂 You have only CC limit. So if you are not over the limit, auto-pay might fail as it is not perfect.

To prevent service suspension I suggest you to add exact amount of your next month service charge Manually as PM will try to take money from your PM account first and if not enough then top-up balance from your CC.

Good idea is to manually add at least $1 to see if PM 'likes' your CC.

No point to complain to MOD as occasional auto-pay failure is 'normal' behaviour for PM.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Gerald1980 There is no your fault. Autopay fails time to time unfortunately, because the system is not perfect. To prevent any suspension issues, I would just do a manual payment every month even with enabled Autopay.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yikes, sorry to hear that Autopay didn't work.  Do you have any details why?

I would double check and perhaps re-add (delete+add) your credit card information, double checking the number, expiry, address, etc all match up properly.

You can always make a one-time payment online or purchase vouchers at a convenience store/etc to add to your account as well (via *611 or online).

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/new-oneTimeTopUp-Page/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gerald1980 : Try a manual payment of a dollar. If that works then pay the amount owing shown. Unfortunately, autopay is not bulletproof and sometimes fails for some.

Need Help? Let's chat.