cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay failed for no reason

cmart1977
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on a plan with autopay and today when I tried to make a call I received a message saying my call couldn't be completed because I didn't have an active plan.  The credit card I have on file was valid and had sifficient funds so there was no reason for this to happen.  I logged into my account and it said account expired so I manually made a payment using ther same credit card I have hooked up for autopay and the payment went through and my phone started working again.  Now when I check my online credit card statement I have been billed 3 times from public mobile for my monthly fee.  Also I Unfortunately I missed an important call in the time that my account was incorrectly suspended. This is unacceptable to me and I will be swtiching to a different provider because of it.  

7 REPLIES 7

However, if your service us suspended/expired, you may not get moderator help as quickly as a new thread and the Community can.

@foster-kaitlin   Use the link provided earlier in this thread to contact the Moderator_Team or you can try out SIMon, ? bubble mark bottom right of your screen who will submit a ticket to the moderators on your behalf and is supposed to get a faster response back.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@foster-kaitlin It's best to start your own thread so that people don't get confused with other issues. As for Moderator help, try this:

You should consider creating a support ticket. Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment box in the bottom right.
simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better. Answer his questions until you get to here:Simon2.png

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team

foster-kaitlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've had this exact same situation occur, can a moderator contact me to discuss this?

@cmart1977 wrote:

I am on a plan with autopay and today when I tried to make a call I received a message saying my call couldn't be completed because I didn't have an active plan.  The credit card I have on file was valid and had sifficient funds so there was no reason for this to happen.  I logged into my account and it said account expired so I manually made a payment using ther same credit card I have hooked up for autopay and the payment went through and my phone started working again.  Now when I check my online credit card statement I have been billed 3 times from public mobile for my monthly fee.  Also I Unfortunately I missed an important call in the time that my account was incorrectly suspended. This is unacceptable to me and I will be swtiching to a different provider because of it.  

Very sage advice which I believe you've given before...i am gearing up for my first renewal and will have to test the system immediately following the system maintenance. Lucky me! But yes I believe the safest route is to pay your "bill" ahead of auto pay kicking in...its a fail safe. Similar to having the bank take out your minimum balance payment for your credit card in case you forget to pay your bill on time. You want to pay it in full to avoid interest charges but if you forget in can mess up your credit. Otherwise just keep your account topped up with vouchers. My room mate is still trying to wrap his head around that with my referral, auto pay reward, his first payment to activate and a $40 voucher he doesn't have to make another payment for the next 4 months. Where as he struggled to pay his more than $80 fido bill each month.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

What is your account balance?

You should have excess of 2 cycles on it, if you don't you should contact moderators.

If you do have it as available credit then you have another 90 days or so covered.

Now for the autopay, it is very unfortunate, but we are responsible to make sure the funds are in the account before renewal. I have read over and over again here in the community that the autopay fails, and it is resolvable but major headache sometimes to have it up and running. 

So I treat autopay only as hopeful backup if I fail to make a payment, which may or may not work, and of course to knock off two bucks off my bill 

You probably received an sms giving you heads up that payment is coming. This is when I withdraw the funds manually, I still get the autopay reward. I have never let my autopay go through, every time I tell myself 'ah maybe next time'

I also have textNow account for the backup, I restrict it's background data, so it only uses 20-30 megs monthly.

Now back to your account balance, you should have about 90 days covered, that would give you panty of time to find another provider if you still chose to, the thing is if you want to leave earlier than that you will have to talk to moderators and ask them to reimburse you before you port out and close your account, because once account is closed all credits and outstanding minutes and data go out in flames with it, and since your balance is not because of rewards or referral credits but the actual payment from the credit card you may be able to get it back, you just have to make sure you communicate with moderators in advance. But if you change your mind and decide to stick around for a little longer, it will just be consumed in the next two cycles

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@cmart1977 hi you can contact a moderator here to assist you if you decide to leave remember to keep your account active till you port your number good luck https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.