cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay fail/overcharge

foster-kaitlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My autopay failed for no reason and when I went online to manually pay, I selected the "amount owed" which was $108 yet now there is a higher charge on my mastercard. Can someone contact me about these two issues?

7 REPLIES 7

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@foster-kaitlin wrote:

My autopay failed for no reason and when I went online to manually pay, I selected the "amount owed" which was $108 yet now there is a higher charge on my mastercard. Can someone contact me about these two issues?

I would love to not Pay Taxes but there is no way around it in this country.  Auto Pay Fails sometimes. It's hard to say who is to blame for it. PM or your Credit Card Company 

As long as your cc was charged your phone still works your good to go... autopay doesnt correct itself as paid right away. Apparently unless you manually pay early like i did a couple of hours ago ahead if 11:59 pm tonight your not supposed to look at your account unless your phone stops working. Its the pm way.

@foster-kaitlin wrote:

Why would autopay not work?

That's a great question, but it's not uncommon. Some people say, once your account goes into renewal mode, you should leave it alone. Of course, banks and systems go offline for short periods of time as well. The bottom line is the value of a fail-safe system is that these sorts of hiccups are avoided or overcome. It seems like PM (or better said, the builder of PM's self service system) is still working on getting to this stage.

All you can do is limit the damage when it happens. And PM did another update last night, so the hope is that it is addressing this and other issues people are experiencing.

foster-kaitlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why would autopay not work?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

What's the amount you were charged? Its likely the taxes

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@foster-kaitlin wrote:

There's alway taxes to be added on top.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@foster-kaitlin wrote:

You'll see the tax hit on the payment card and just the base amount on the account. Is that it?

Need Help? Let's chat.