cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay fail and account suspended

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Posted this in another thread but figured it would be seen by more people on its' own,

The whole system needs an overhaul. According to my self serve page my plan was due yesterday (Jan. 30), but looking at the Rewards page it said it was due today. No sign of any payment attempt yesterday (have autopay set up), and no sign so far today. I also got a text on the 28th saying that the payment was due on the 31st.

But just for fun around 7:00 AM when I checked my account I got the ever popular "account suspened" that seems to be quite common at the moment. But it gets even better, not only did I get the "account suspended", it was suspended.

So instead of waiting all day to see what if anything might happen, manually made the payment and my service was back up in about 15 minutes. Could have PM'ed a mod but that would have been a minimum of 2 hours before getting a response, and needed my phone long before then.

And now that I have made the payment manually waiting to see if the system still trys to do the autopay later today/tonight. I also just got a text 10 minutes ago telling me "sorry your payment didn't go through".

Oh and after I made the payment earlier the due updated to show the next payment is due on April 30. And just like mentioned above, looking at the Rewards page it shows as May1.

So to sum it up at least for me so far,

1. Autopay didn't work at all.

2. Account actually did get suspended (no voice, data or text).

3. Had to manually make the payment (and hope they don't try and take another later today) to get my service back up and running.

4. Got a text telling me the payment didn't go through when I can clearly see that it has, both in my profile transaction history and my bank account (Visa Debit).

5. System can't decide what day my payment is due.

9 REPLIES 9

henrylam501
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Well as new customer, I just found out my account was suspended. I had to make a payment to reactivity, checking my settings I had set up autopay.

So, this issue has not been fully resolved.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning to everyone!

Thank you for raising concern and sharing your feedback regarding the autopay/self-serve system.

As you may know, there have been a few reports of autopay failing, different dates appearing, etc. Although not always convenient, this issue does not affect everyone, it actually only affects a small percentage of customer's. To those who are in fact affected, we assure you that our team is working really hard to get it fixed - but it does take some time. 

In the meantime, if you do require any assistance, please let us know! We are here to help, even if it will take 2 hours to get a response (we try to answer within the 30 to 60 minute time-frame). That's what your community moderators are for! 🙂

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm guessing the "payment failed" message was from when the autopay failed.  And since autopay failed, your account was actually suspended.  I feel like I recall somebody else reporting issues with autopay and Visa debit, but I can't remember when or where I saw it.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Good post, I really hope they fix it before my next autopayment date. I've read multiple times that the account suspended message is just a bug and everything still works fine. However, if your services did stop working, then this is a much bigger issue that needs to be fixed immediately. It's a crazy inconvenience, especially on a work day.

Stormy

Just to clarify a cou-ple of things. Everything was working when I got up this morning at 6 AM, with the expected "account suspended" that they still haven't fixed. Then somewhere around 7-7:30 everything stopped working, where "account suspended" was no longer a bug but a fact.

Seeing as I couldn't be without my phone until after 9 AM (or whenever the mods come online) I made a manual payment. Once made everything came back in about 15 minutes or so. It also updated all payment information as well as the next due date, which is still out of whack. On one page it says it is due on April 30, and on another it says it is due May 1. Someone or something really needs to make up its mind, or I can see this happening again on the next renewal.

dohadotahmed
Hi, you mentioned 5 points. All the points are people reporting as a known bug of the system except #2 because the real suspension of the account with no service...no talk,text and data. This is really a hopeless situation and pm should fix this issue asap. I am requesting @Mary_M to shed some light on this matter please.
If the system take another payment from you just send a pm to one of our mod to get the refund.

Yep, missed the part saying service had died. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Luddite wrote:

For payment due Jan 31, autopay takes money early Feb 1 (just after Jan 31 midnight). Rewards/Available Funds are applied just before midnight and payment taken AFTER midnight.

Those messages on your account are normal and do not, usually, affect service.

Try sleeping through your next renewal to avoid the worry. Robot LOL

Don't think that is quite correct in his case if SMS payment due warning said Jan 31 then Autopay should of processed payment Jan 30th unless there was an issue with the card that ended up causing "real" suspension.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

For payment due Jan 31, autopay takes money early Feb 1 (just after Jan 31 midnight). Rewards/Available Funds are applied just before midnight and payment taken AFTER midnight.

Those messages on your account are normal and do not, usually, affect service.

Try sleeping through your next renewal to avoid the worry. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.