cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Autopay doesn't show up as recurring bill on credit card

I pay with a Tangerine MasterCard. There are reward categories, one of which is "Recurring Bill Payment". I have noticed that my bill does not register in that category. I called and spoke to a Tangerine rep, and it turns out it is up to the merchant to offer recurring payments. She referenced a legal page.

From there: "Recurring Bill Payment: Recurring bill payments are defined as payments made on a monthly or other regular basis, and which are automatically billed by the merchant to your Tangerine Credit Card, such as your monthly phone bill. Not all merchants offer recurring payments, and not all ongoing payments will be considered “recurring payments” for purposes of this category. Please check with your merchant to see if your recurring payment qualifies."

So my question is for Public Mobile - can you please update your status with Mastercard so that we can receive the appropriate rewards from our credit card company? I know I'm not the only one that is frustrated by this as I searched the topic and many people have raised this over the years.

Accepted Solutions
softech
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Autopay doesn't show up as recurring bill on credit card

not sure if it will happen for 2 reasons, 

technically, it's not recurring in credit card centre terms because it is NOT a monthly service.  Remember PM only offers 30 days Pre-Paid service.

Also, because of the 30 days services, you are not really authorizing them to take out money MONTHLY like other services that you have setup.  I believe PM just keep your CC info and do a "manual" process every 30 days... 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I don't think PM will offer it since they are a third tier provider..  You could try contacting a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
softech
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

not sure if it will happen for 2 reasons, 

technically, it's not recurring in credit card centre terms because it is NOT a monthly service.  Remember PM only offers 30 days Pre-Paid service.

Also, because of the 30 days services, you are not really authorizing them to take out money MONTHLY like other services that you have setup.  I believe PM just keep your CC info and do a "manual" process every 30 days... 

View solution in original post

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@devy 

A valid question, however prepaid services are not treated as recurring bill payments, even if an auto payment agreement is set up to occur.

With public mobile - you're,  in effect, purchasing a new plan every renewal.

It is interesting you're credit card provider uses the example of a phone bill - - suspect the intention in doing so is to suggest it's a typical postpaid service.

Need Help? Let's chat.