cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay does not work

MelissaP24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was set up on autopay for the past few months using the same credit card. I received a text today stating my payment didn't go through and my account was suspended. I paid using my debit card but tried to reenter my credit card information and the site will not accept it. I've checked with my bank and there are no issues on their end. 

10 REPLIES 10

@Helpershelper wrote:

They set up auto-pay for me in store; I tapped my credit card to pay for my first month; it’s really convenient.

Tapping doesn't have anything to do with autopay. I understand that the store set up autopay for you when you activated your Public Mobile service, but the OP of this thread is already a customer. As such, a store cannot help the customer with this.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

They set up auto-pay for me in store; I tapped my credit card to pay for my first month; it’s really convenient.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

instant top up-01.jpeg

@MelissaP24 you can purchase an instant top up method at esso to get your services working sooner

then contact customer support mods to fix your account

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@Helpershelper wrote:

If your card didn’t expire it could be a fraud block on the card. You can try a different credit card on you my account page. I set up my auto pay in store so if one is close to you, you can drop by and have it set up their.

@Helpershelper Retail staff do not provide support for existing Public Mobile customers. They also cannot get autopay enabled for this custonmer as they have zero ability to access accounts. Public Mobile only provides customer service in online form.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MelissaP24 

Auotpay failures are getting more frequent now.  To avoid phone suspended without payment, add fund manually before renewal date is the solution to avoid payment issue.  You still get the $2 off as long as the autopay is enabled.  Continue to add fund before renewal date until PM fixes the autopay issue.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@MelissaP24 Autopay is not perfect and can fail sometimes. I recommend to enable Autopay but do manual payments a few days before due date to prevent any issues.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MelissaP24  Public Mobile is aware of the Auto-Pay payment timeout bug issue. Hopefully they fix it soon. In the meantime don't rely on it best to make manual payments a couple of days before plan renewal for peace of mind.

If you can't re-add your cc then submit a ticket to PM and ask them to clear the lock.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MelissaP24 wrote:

I was set up on autopay for the past few months using the same credit card. I received a text today stating my payment didn't go through and my account was suspended. I paid using my debit card but tried to reenter my credit card information and the site will not accept it. I've checked with my bank and there are no issues on their end. 

@MelissaP24   Clear your cache/cookies and use incognito/privacy mode and retry entering your CC.  It might be a good idea to try deleting your card from the system first before re-registering.  

Try clicking the Reactivate button after to get your phone services going again too.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MelissaP24 wrote:

Occasionally,  Autopay does fail. I try to manually pay for my renewal a few days before renewal...that seems to make Autopay process happy and I still get the Autopay Reward.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If your card didn’t expire it could be a fraud block on the card. You can try a different credit card on you my account page. I set up my auto pay in store so if one is close to you, you can drop by and have it set up their.

Need Help? Let's chat.