cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay didnt work.

CarlRoyKing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used my phone this morning and received a text saying my bonuses and credits were applied including my autopay credit.  Thinking all was well i went out for a few hours.  while out my phone wouldnt work.  I returned home and checked my account. everything is configured with credit card on file, credits applied and my service was deactivated.  I had to click reactivate and it "took" the balance outstanding paymnt from my on-file visa.  WHY did it not auto pay like i have it configured to do.  As i stated. i received the autopay bonus it just never triggered the payment.????   Roy

5 REPLIES 5

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@CarlRoyKing wrote:

I used my phone this morning and received a text saying my bonuses and credits were applied including my autopay credit.  Thinking all was well i went out for a few hours.  while out my phone wouldnt work.  I returned home and checked my account. everything is configured with credit card on file, credits applied and my service was deactivated.  I had to click reactivate and it "took" the balance outstanding paymnt from my on-file visa.  WHY did it not auto pay like i have it configured to do.  As i stated. i received the autopay bonus it just never triggered the payment.????   Roy

It is a known issue that Autopay sometimes doesn't work properly. Better to make a payment manually before deadline, and you will keep youe Autopay reward.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CarlRoyKing wrote:

@CarlRoyKing  When your plan is going through renewal the rewards get applied first then PM tries to renew you plan. Once in a while it's possible that AutoPay will fail. Why? No one really knows.... it could be server load or a timeout condition or...... In any event, if AutoPay fails PM will not automatically retry to process the renewal again. as you found out the hard way, Public Mobile just suspends your account and you need to manually click on the re-activate button to try the renewal again.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Is your phone working now? If yes You can complain to moderators so that they are aware of the extent of the issue. Most of the times cc companies state that nothing is wrong on their side and to contact the provider. To be honest it can fall and it does from time to time. I had it fail on me with Fido, so... It's not public mobile only.

If no try restarting your phone, if it still doesn't work try adding one more dollar then restarting. If that doesn't help contact moderators

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CarlRoyKing 

I just never really on it, I know how lucky I am. Very small number of people go through this and I'm sure I would be one. I pay the bill when I'm paying other bills. Or if I forget I do it when u get the text that due day is coming. I suggest to everyone to do the same. There were complaints that the issue repeats if it happened once. It's good to be registered with it in case you really forget and to get those rewards

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You will need to contact moderators by creating a ticket.

Click on the green question mark at bottom right to get started.

Enter your question into SIMon. Follow/invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

It sounds like your autopay may have went through but for some reason your service was deactivated. If you paid twice on your credit card, you should notify moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.