cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay didnt work and referral credit docked

asaxton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account and my husband's were both suspended this morning due to lack of payment even though we were signed up for autopay. Thank goodness we were close to home so I could get on our desktop as we had to reenter his credit card info for some strange reason, it would not allow him to complete a cc payment when he dialed *611. I managed to pay manually and get both accounts unlocked but I need to know this isn't going to happen again next month. 

I also received a text saying my referral credit would be less because my husband's acct (I referred him) was not renewed.

How do I ensure I receive my full credit?

11 REPLIES 11

asaxton

What is the error in the web portal that is keeping you from being able to pay? I was able to pay my account via *611 and my husband's via the website.

asaxton

I just did the top up now and it was fine but i did get a text after saying I would be docked referral credits the following month because my husband's account @@@@@(who I referred) had his account suspended temporarily due to the auto-pay not working. My cc didn't end up charged twice so I'd say go ahead and just pay direct. I have not found out why the glitch happened but fingers crossed for next month and my referral credit hopefully being the full amount.

ed75
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

should I just go top up now using my cc or wait to hear from someone wife and I are both with out a phone Smiley Sad

zatrinna

I'm having the same issue. I can not pay manually through the web portal or through @*611. I have no service due to this error and seem to be getting no response from moderator messaging. Nothing has changed on my account it is the same plan and the credit card is the same as it has been for months. It does seem to have awarded me my rewards, but the payment itself has not gone through, nor has it even been attempted :as per phone contact with my credit card company. 

ed75
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem I have the money in my account to pay but it said it didnt work now what ??? 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @asaxton,

the only way for us to figure out the root of the issue is to look into your account - you could have experienced a renewal glitch or there could be an issue with your CC.

We've also responded to your private message with validation questions, however we have not heard back. Please view your inbox 🙂

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

asaxton

But having to ho in and make a manual payment monthly defeats the entire purpose of having auto-pay set-up... 

deputyphil

The easiest way to avoid auto pay failure I found was to go into your account the day before renewal and make a payment for your monthly amount.  Leave your auto pay info in your account that way you still get discount.  But making manual payment ensures you will have sufficient funds for your plan to renew.  I had your same issue last year so now I jus make a manual payment for my amount due less discouns.  Works like a charm.

@asaxton wrote:

The autopay worked the first month, just not this month. There were no changes to our cc so I'm not sure what happened but hopefully a moderator can help ensure my referral credit is not affected.

It seems like a number of customers are reporting spurious auto pay failures.  The moderator team will definitely fix everything including reward credits in situations like this where there is no fault on the customer's part. 

asaxton

The autopay worked the first month, just not this month. There were no changes to our cc so I'm not sure what happened but hopefully a moderator can help ensure my referral credit is not affected.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@asaxton, it is hard to say what happened with auto pay even though you had a credit card on file.  The cautious approach to take when adding a credit card is to immediately do a $1 top up to make sure everything is working.  With respect to impacts on the rewards, I suggest contacting the moderator team for resolution.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.