cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay did not work on plan expiry date, payment made manually - Account Suspended - please help!

thefool
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day,

Our plan expiry date was July 24, 2017 and we were setup for autopay when we signed up as required by our plan:

• This plan includes: -
  • - $55 for 4GB Promo
  • - 12GB Data
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

July 24th (yesterday) arrived and I watched our account to ensure the autopay would be processed and our account paid. This appears to not have happened and when I checked the dashboard this morning (July 25th) it stated:

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service.

Account Status: Expired

After seeing this I clicked on 'Reactivate Current Plan' to process the 'amount due' payment using the credit card on file for Autopay. It successfully processed the card, now our account shows available funds/current balance of $165, with no amount due but still says that the Account Status is Expired and the services suspended. Please Help! I believe we did everything right, but we still don't have service. Our account number is: +++++++++++

Thank you!

Dan

12 REPLIES 12

tomitran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had same problem this morning, had to paid account manually.  Phone now works but no data.  Help please!!

@Tywallace wrote:

Everything has been fixed, no auto-payment came out, used the available funds I had.

All fixed within 5 minutes, can't complain at all about Public Mobile 🙂

Autopay only charges what is necessary, and it it isn't charged as a fixed amount (some carriers do that).  Adding the manual payment cancelled out the need to charge a preauthorized payment to you card.  The manual payment was actually unecessary, assuming that the automatic payments were set up properly.

Pleasejustwork
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
The exact same thing happened. I thought it was my credit card so I called them and was put on hold for 20 mins or so... It turns out my cc is fine. So I try multiple times re entering my cc into the public mobile site. Still a no go, and all my appointments for the day have to be cancelled now.

Tywallace

Everything has been fixed, no auto-payment came out, used the available funds I had.

All fixed within 5 minutes, can't complain at all about Public Mobile 🙂

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@thefool,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Please check your mailbox, I've just sent you a private message 🙂

Hey all. @computergeek541 had it right. Ignore all messages about Expiry and Suspension at your expiry date UNLESS your phone stops working.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Once your account get suspended then more likely you need mod assistance
Contact mod
Send your email address
Phone number
SIM number
Explanation of issues
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Tywallace

Hi the fool,

I am having the exact same issue. Auto-pay didn't work, so I added funds to my account and my service is still suspended.

Acqua
What's worse is that while your account shows "suspended", you're unable to purchase add-ons.

So, for example, if you were to travel to the U.S. right now, like I am, you can't add US roaming.

thefool

Thank you for the response @computergeek541

That is interesting, and somewhat alarming when you go in the dashboard and see the 'account suspended' in red letters! However, as you mentioned it looks like the service does still work. We didn't have enough funds and therefore awaited for the autopay to be processed on the credit card, when it hadn't I clicked the 'reactivate current plan' button and paid manually. Now, while showing fully available funds, the system hasn't applied them. I'll watch and wait to see what happens this morning.

Dan

It does that to everyone and this does not meam your account is suspended.  If your service still works, you are fine.  Public Mobile doesn't add any funds from your pre-aurhorized payment until later in the morning and doesn't even try to take the funds from your Public account balance until later on in the day as well.  If the funds aren't in your Public account when the plan paymentn is ready to be taken (strangely, it doesn't happen atidmight) only then will your account be suspended.

Need Help? Let's chat.