cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay but not making payment?

sriakrp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, I had a credit card enabled in my account and changed it to the CIBC visa debit card. It says my autopay is enabled and my plan expires tonight. I tried to make a payment but it says

"Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card was declined by your card provider, so this purchase could not be completed. Contact your card provider for more information. Please note this can result when multiple payments are made too close together."

I closed the other credit card but my debit card should be working fine. I have been able to make online transactions with it before, how come it doesn't work here. I don't want my account to get deactivated tomorrow as I will be getting important calls tomorrow.

17 REPLIES 17

You are very welcome...always happy to help.

@darlicious wrote:

Once you have balance in your account equal to or more than your plan it will automatically withdraw it and apply the payment at renewal time tonight 11:59 Pm edt.

Do not panic if you look at your account and it says things like account expired etc.... this is 

normal...as long as your phone still works your good to go.

sriakrp

Thankyou thankyou thankyou so much. Finally I can rest at peace.

Once you have balance in your account equal to or more than your plan it will automatically withdraw it and apply the payment at renewal time tonight 11:59 Pm edt.

sriakrp

Thankyou, so just one last question,

after adding the voucher to the account, it says my amount due is 0$ but it still says my renewal date is Sept 15, so will it directly take the money from funds from the available funds?

Or do I have to do something to make sure it gets renewed till October?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sriakrp wrote:

How do I buy a topup voucher?

Prepaid Vouchers for almost every Provider in the Country are available almost anywhere. Major Name Brand Corner stores, Gas Stations, Most Major Grocery Stores, Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Most Cell Phone Stores carry other Providers Prepaid Vouchers but they prefer not to sell them, 7-Eleven, Macs etc. when I say everywhere I mean every where 

Thank you @Triguy  for supplying the link....a lot of people know my lack of computer prowess. But I have just found my clipboard! Watch out link supplying to commence shortly......

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is a list.  You may need to enter your location to find retailers in your area.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sriakrp wrote:

You can buy topup voucher at the stores listed in this link.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/ab/payment-voucher

Available at many retailers and gas bars like cdn tire, esso etc...access a full list in your area go to how to pay in the help section. Search vouchers and a link/page with a map to find retailers in your area will pop up.

sriakrp

sriakrp

Yes, I am able to make purchases through the CIBC card, it's just not working with public mobile. Also how do I buy a voucher?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sriakrp 

Try again to add $1 to your account.

If failed again,

1.  you can buy a topup voucher 

2.  Delete your debit VISA card entry and enter it again.  Test new debit entry again by adding $1 to your account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sriakrp wrote:

So, I had a credit card enabled in my account and changed it to the CIBC visa debit card. It says my autopay is enabled and my plan expires tonight. I tried to make a payment but it says

"Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card was declined by your card provider, so this purchase could not be completed. Contact your card provider for more information. Please note this can result when multiple payments are made too close together."

I'm pretty sure the address isn't the problem but double checking it can't hurt. A call to your  bank using the phone number on the back of the card is in order. They will be able to confirm any holds or problems with your card. It may be a security flag because you haven't used it for bill payments or something else of that nature. Alternatively if it's pm's payment glitch and the card is good topping up your account using 611 with your card or voucher if necessary will fix the immediate problem of paying for your service. Don't remove the card yet it will...you will still get your auto pay reward.
I closed the other credit card but my debit card should be working fine. I have been able to make online transactions with it before, how come it doesn't work here. I don't want my account to get deactivated tomorrow as I will be getting important calls tomorrow.

Edit: sorry another example of my computer prowess...ill try to fix this

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could either buy a voucher or use recharge.com then call 611 to make a payment.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, from recent experience, there could be 2 or may be more reasons;

First is the address issue; you may want to check the address on your credit card online and copy the address as it is exactly. This I have found the most common issue causing this error.

Second, you may want to call the credit card company and explain the situation.

I did both above at different times depending on the situation and it worked for me on both occassions.

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

While you are sorting out your card for auto-pay (not sure if the transaction will go through even when auto-pay enabled), you can add funds to your account so that your account does not lapse. 

You can do this by using a different card or purchasing a voucher and then using that to add funds to your account.

Are you able to make purchases elsewhere using your new card?

Need Help? Let's chat.