cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay and funds in PM account

Clover2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How does it work if I have funds in my PM account, but I’m also set up with a credit card in Autopay? I’m guessing both aren’t necessary? Can I just have payment coming out if my credit card after I’ve used up the funds in my PM account?

5 REPLIES 5

@Clover2020 

In my mind, what you say and would like to happen is exactly how it works. Your Available Funds will be used at renewal and if more is needed your credit card will be charged the remainder. Yes Auto Pay can fail but I have been here almost two years and have made quite a few plan changes and have yet to have an Auto Pay fail. It could happen but so far no problemS here. So, I think you are good to go.

AE_Collector

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Clover2020  Auto-Pay will only be used if and when you do not have funds in your account so it doesn't hurt to have it enabled. You also get a $2 reward every 30 days when you have Auto-Pay enabled.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Clover2020 just enable Autopay to have 2$ reward but do manual payments before deadline to prevent any suspension issues because Autopay can fail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Clover2020 wrote:

How does it work if I have funds in my PM account, but I’m also set up with a credit card in Autopay? I’m guessing both aren’t necessary? Can I just have payment coming out if my credit card after I’ve used up the funds in my PM account?

Autopay is good for the convenience. You get the $2 reward when you set it up. But you can choose to top-up by voucher or by way of the pre-registered card you set up for autopay and still get the $2. Even though the payment card wasn't hit. You can also top-up with instant top-up and still get the $2.

Everything flows in and out of Available Funds.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Clover2020 you could, it's up to you.. I just want to warn you that auto-pay has a tendency to fail. causing you to lose service and then you would need to contact customer support mods to reactivate it.

or 

you could just prepay before your renewal date and have funds in your account for the system to withdraw from. pm is better at handling the payment process this way.

Need Help? Let's chat.