cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay and Credit Card on File

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have been following some of the threads regarding problems with Autopay. As I new subscriber I have yet to experience my first Autopay cycle. Is there any way to confirm what PM has on file for my credit card? I also use Google Chrome when accessing PM. In the hopefully unlikely event that Autopay does not work; what is the most effective way to resolve the matter? Is Manual Payment fast? If I make a Manual Payment, will Autopay "kick-in" for the next cycle? Any suggestions greatly appreciated as I'd like to avoid any delays/stoppage in service. 

24 REPLIES 24

@Koombassi 

Wrong 3 dots....once you tap reply you want the 3 dots that appear at the top right above ^ then you can tap the 3 dots to bring up the expanded tool bar.

@Koombassi wrote:

Thanks for the advice D. Here's a screenshot that shows three grey horizontal dots. No quote feature, just long list of Google options. However, right side of message screen is a Tag feature. When I click on it a window opens up but no list of member names. Tried typing yours but nothing?

Screenshot_20210723-174119~2.pngScreenshot_20210723-174558~2.png

Then you can quote the post you want to refer to.....

61F3EF1A-18BB-4318-A5D2-CA6DBC202668.png

Koombassi

Thanks for the advice D. Here's a screenshot that shows three grey horizontal dots. No quote feature, just long list of Google options. However, right side of message screen is a Tag feature. When I click on it a window opens up but no list of member names. Tried typing yours but nothing?

61F3EF1A-18BB-4318-A5D2-CA6DBC202668.png

@Koombassi   >>>>tag

Not necessary in an one on one conversation but in a large busy thread it will help identify who you are talking to and it will show in that members notifications.

If you wish to quote you cannot currently do that on a mobile browser but you should be able to on an iPad by turning it sideways in landscape mode and three little dots will appear under "preview" in the tool bar. Tap on them and the tool bar expands to show the quote icon " tap it to quote the previous post.

@Koombassi wrote:

Hmmm...why would I "tag" someone? Sounds like something I should be doing ......and I'm not?

Koombassi

Hmmm...why would I "tag" someone? Sounds like something I should be doing ......and I'm not?

@Koombassi 

Your wekcome! 

BTW....to tag someone tap the "@" key and the usernames will pop up to tap on or keep typing out the name 'til it does....

Koombassi

Geesshh! What a putz!! I found it now. And have deleted it. Thank you so much Darlicious.

@Koombassi 

I can't see it in your profile so you are good to go!

@Koombassi 

You can edit it from your post by clicking on the 3 dots at the top right corner of your post.

Koombassi

I must be looking in wrong spot. Sorry to be taking so much of your time. Not sure where else to look. Maybe I didn't save the cropped image that I included in message. I attached it using image from my photos folder on iPad. 

Koombassi

Nada on my profile. I'm using iPad with Google Chrome. 

@Koombassi 

Scroll down your profile they should be near the bottom on the right hand side. They look a little different on a mobile device though so I will check on my phone.

Edit: Between your posts/drafts and your bravos given/recieved.

Koombassi

Yeah..I noticed I did a poor crop. Thanks for the advice. BTW, how do I find my saved images? Couldn't see them on my profile page. 

@Koombassi 

Please delete your screenshot from your profile and crop again and try again....you are showing a little too much.....

@LurganIeUk 

Nice explanation as per usual.

@Koombassi 

A little FYI....

3 days before your renewal you will get a reminder to pay text from pm (611). You will get this text whether you have paid ahead of time or not or whether or not you are set up for autopay. You can use this as your reminder to top up your account.

At about 6pm on the evening before renewal your account status will change to expired as your 30 day plan is about to expire. Unless you have no services this is perfectly normal.

On the day of your renewal at midnight eastern your plan will renew and any counters ( like data) in your account will reset to zero (0/1024mb). Rewards will be converted and applied to your balance as available funds.

At 2am eastern your plan amount will be debited from your available funds in your balance. If there is insufficient funds in your balance to cover your plan amount the difference will be charged to your autopay card as an automatic top up. Your card statement will show this amount+taxes.

Your payment history will show 30 DAY PLAN....$10 and depending on your plan either your applicable data amount 1 GB OF DATA AT 3G SPEED....$15  or 3GB/$25 or 5GB/$30 and so on or for the $15 plan the talk portion 100 Minutes Talk Booster......$5.

If an automatic top up and/or the plan/data/minute debits/credits do not show in your payment history by 3am eastern you have likely suffered an autopay fail. You will have until 6am eastern to make a manual top up and reactivate your plan. If reactivate does not take your plan amount from your balance then briefly suspend your service via lost/stolen. This forces the payment and the transactions will show up in your payment history.

At 6am eastern any account  that has not paid for their plan amount in full will have their services suspended or if its been 90 days these accounts will be cancelled and deactivated and lose their phone number. Active accounts will change from expired/suspended to active status. Occasionally this process is delayed up to 6 hours or so....check your transactions in your payment history for confirmation.

At noon eastern you will recieve two texts from 611. The first confirms your rewards were successfully applied to your account. The second confirms your plan has successfully renewed. Not recieving the second text indicates an autopay failure.

It is my suggestion that before and after renewal you screenshot your overview page and your payment history in case their are any anomolies that need to be addressed like your data counter not resetting. If you like to keep detailed records and you are computer savvy @LurganIeUk has an excel file to export your account history to....send him a private message if this interests you.

Koombassi

I did a one month top up. Here's the result. Just wondering when/how the $3 credit with appear again. 
thanks.

4AA52A60-438F-416C-8550-F4105ADF486E.jpeg

Koombassi

Thank you again LurganLeUk. I'll give it a try now and see what happens. Certainly appreciate your time and effort on this. 

@Koombassi wrote:

Thank you LurganLeUk for your suggestions. I like the 2x payment loading suggestion; and you've touched on the other lingering question regarding maintaining the $2 credit. So, to be clear:

1. I should preload next payment due, say around 1 week before due date. 

A week or more. Since I pay bills every Thursday I would make it a date on a Thursday and week or two before. 
2. I should receive an email indicating payment received. 

No email, you will see the payment made in your View Transactions. And you will get a message on your MY ACCOUNT. 
3. Then I should preload another monthly payment. 

Or just pay up 2 x right now. Then every time you get a text of payment made then top up on the next Thursday (<= based on my routine...not yours...but you may have one). So at the least you will always be paid up one month ahead. 
this procedure will ensure the $2 credit.

Yes.

If I got right, could you explain at what point in time I should repeat this process.......or?

Let's say your next billing date is July 27. Then on July 25 do a manual top up of 2 x your payment (excluding taking into account of rewards or buying any add-ons). Then on the 27th you will get a text of payment made...do nothing BUT after that when you get a text of payment made top up x1 next Thursday (<= based on my regimen) or right after your text. edit: if you have rewards that are not going to be used and have accumulated in your balance...then every now and then adjust your 1x payment accordingly. 

Also just to let you know when you do a manual to up and want a receipt. Before you click submit....press the enter key and the screen will show your amount ...like $50 and $6 for taxes = $56..screen print it..then submit. 

thanks for responding as you are able. 

No problem. 

Koombassi

Thank you LurganLeUk for your suggestions. I like the 2x payment loading suggestion; and you've touched on the other lingering question regarding maintaining the $2 credit. So, to be clear:

1. I should preload next payment due, say around 1 week before due date. 
2. I should receive an email indicating payment received. 
3. Then I should preload another monthly payment. 
this procedure will ensure the $2 credit. If I got right, could you explain at what point in time I should repeat this process.......or?

thanks for responding as you are able. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Koombassi wrote:

I have been following some of the threads regarding problems with Autopay. As I new subscriber I have yet to experience my first Autopay cycle. Is there any way to confirm what PM has on file for my credit card? I also use Google Chrome when accessing PM. In the hopefully unlikely event that Autopay does not work; what is the most effective way to resolve the matter? Is Manual Payment fast? If I make a Manual Payment, will Autopay "kick-in" for the next cycle? Any suggestions greatly appreciated as I'd like to avoid any delays/stoppage in service. 

Consider the hybrid auto-pay. You won't have to worry. Top up your account in advance of the payment date. Your payment date will show in your MY ACCOUNT. I am paid up a few months in advance. But to keep the cost minimal....top up your account x 2 and then when you receive your text of your payment made/accepted then do a manual top up with in the next week. That way with auto-pay still in place you get the $2 off, all payments are taken from your balance first, no missing a payment, no loss of service, and as insurance because you did not top up .... auto pay should kick in. 

Koombassi

Excellent Hairbag1. Thanks. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can verify your credit card on file by logging into your account then click on the payment tab and at the bottom click on manage my card.

@Koombassi wrote:

Ahh! I see how it works, thanks Hairbag1. Any thoughts on how quickly the pre-payment shows up on my account?

It'll show in Available Funds right away.

Koombassi

Ahh! I see how it works, thanks Hairbag1. Any thoughts on how quickly the pre-payment shows up on my account?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Koombassi...if you manually pay ahead of time, your credit ard doesn't get touched. Only when Available Funds aren't able to fund your plan, wiill it go to the cc.

Edit, log in to your account / Payment...then scroll down to Manage my card. Click and you should see info on your on-file credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.