cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay and Buying an Addon

kjames200
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on autopay for my monthly plan, and need to buy a US roaming add-on for an upcoming trip. Will the charge automatically go to my credit card set up for autopay, or do I have to do a one time payment with my credit card to cover the add on?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Purchasing Add-Ons is a 2-step process:

• You will need to add funds equal to the amount of the Add-On to your account.
  • Then, click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview page.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You will need to purchase and add it to your account.

Here is more info.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would add the funds to my account and wait until the last possible moment to add it.  Since it starts from time of purchase. Also, if your renewal date falls within the time you will be in the States, I would add those funds too. Would hate it you are stuck there with no cell if it fails. Enjoy your trip.

@kjames200 wrote:

I am on autopay for my monthly plan, and need to buy a US roaming add-on for an upcoming trip. Will the charge automatically go to my credit card set up for autopay, or do I have to do a one time payment with my credit card to cover the add on?

Thanks!

Recovery
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes you will have to do a one time payment to cover the add-on.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@kjames200 You need to have enough money in your Availabe Funds to pay for the add on. If you have $0.00, make a one-time payment equal to the before tax amount of the add on you want. Then go into Purchase Addons and select the add on you want to purchase. Your credit card will be charged they amount of the add on plus applicable taxes, fyi.

Need Help? Let's chat.