cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay & changing cc

slim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I had autopay set up and recently that credit card expired. I forgot to update my account and I noticed yesterday when the payment tried to go through, it failed. I logged on to my account today and updated my credit card information. I wasn't sure if that was enough or if I still need to click the "make a payment" button since the payment yesterday failed. Will public mobility try again with the new cc info for autopay or should I just press the make a payment button for this cycle?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@slimTop off the account with at least your account dues + taxes asap. The funds should not be removed till 2am but you want to get it in a soon as possible to prevent the renewal stage from failing.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@slim wrote:

Hi all,

I had autopay set up and recently that credit card expired. I forgot to update my account and I noticed yesterday when the payment tried to go through, it failed. I logged on to my account today and updated my credit card information. I wasn't sure if that was enough or if I still need to click the "make a payment" button since the payment yesterday failed. Will public mobility try again with the new cc info for autopay or should I just press the make a payment button for this cycle?

Thanks!

@slimMake the payment yourself now. Keep the auto-pay for next cycle.

Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

Need Help? Let's chat.