cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay account suspended for insufficient funds

Bill_M
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account has been suspended for insufficient funds even though I'm on Autopay.  The payment date was May 25.  Today, I tried to pay via the website but it did not appear to work.  My credit card account is valid. 

What should I do next?

13 REPLIES 13

jedjammer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, sorry to here that, our phones is our life line, if your cc is active etc; try to reset the payment info, if still not working I would call the credit card provider,

hope this helps.

quantum00

Does Public Mobile plan on fixing Autopay anytime soon?

Bill_M

Got my account reinstated.  I re-entered my credit card info; same card.  Don't know if this solved the issue or my ticket was serviced.  Either way, my account is active again.

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yeah, the auto pay does not work all the time,  as it should. Thats why i always manually add the funds to my account the day I get a heads up text from PM that my month is about to expire. The text usually comes about 2 or 3 day before the auto pay should charge the CC

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Bill_M Unfortunately, Autopay fails time to time. That's why I recommend to do manual payment even with enabled Autopay to prevent such suspension issue.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Bill_M wrote:

My account has been suspended for insufficient funds even though I'm on Autopay.  The payment date was May 25.  Today, I tried to pay via the website but it did not appear to work.  My credit card account is valid. 

What should I do next?

For your future use and thought. Since we all depend on our mobile devices we need to have reliable service so here is a method to insure yourself to avoid the insufficient funds situation. 

Pay 30 days  ahead. Leave auto pay in place as if it is NOT used you will still get the $2 off.  And it is still in place, just in case. Then when you receive your text that your account has been paid that then becomes your reminder to prepay again. Depending on the accumulation of any earned (vs expected) credits you may downward adjust the amount you prepay. Do a screen print of your text and treat it like a bill to pay. 

Copyright 2020

Bill_M

I've submitted a ticket. I'll report back.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@Bill_M wrote:

Thanks.

I am looking for the "question mark".  Can't see it.  Where or what page is this bottom right?

Here is a link giving 2 options to reach a moderator for assistance: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

@Bill_M wrote:

Thanks.

I am looking for the "question mark".  Can't see it.  Where or what page is this bottom right?

Click on the following link and click on the "Chat with Simon" button.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Bill_M

Thanks.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Bill_M Make sure your cc is not expired. Mods should be able to tell you what went wrong. Please update us what happens. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

You could purchase a voucher and call 611 to make a payment or use recharge.com or ding.com but there is a service charge.

Need Help? Let's chat.