cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay + Suspension

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Question

If an account is currently suspended, will the autopay still be processed on renewal date?

5 REPLIES 5

Update 2 - got SIM back, resumed service, and referal reward popped right back up within minutes

Weird that you can miss the payment renewal date while suspended but there it is

Follow up

I actually think @stonechucker is correct (too bad) 

I had a SIM card on an active account that had been loaned out to someone (yes I always have floater accounts) and they had not returned my SIM

So I suspended the account to make them return the SIM

BUT my autopay is due Apr 26th

I do not want to cancel the account but also did not want someone to use the account

So I wondered if account stays suspended, would the autopay be processed normally?

It appears not 

I received a TXT from Public today stating that "due to account inactivity my rewards would be lower"

Which infers (to me) suspension is blocking it 

(although there are 2 referals to this account it would be a huge coincidence if the other one was issue and not the suspended line)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kav2001c, are you saying that you have an account that is currently suspended and you are wondering what would happen if re-enabled auto pay as in would the account automatically draw from the payment card and restore itself to active status.  I would think not.  Normally auto pay is triggered on the due date for a payment.  What is the due date for an account in suspension?  There really isn't one anymore.  It is up to the customer to decide whether to restore the account that is in suspension.  It would make sense that it is a manual process like first activation. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001cI would suggest contacting @CS_Agent to give you a for sure answer.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I'm not sure what you're asking.

I would think no, as the plan is suspended.  Whether it was because of an AutoPay failure, or a request for suspension, AutoPay should not work, as the plan is not active.

Need Help? Let's chat.