cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay Settings?

McSlickster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! I recently joined Public and had a few questions about autopay!

1. Are there settings for autopay? Like am I able to set autopay to be a week before it's due to make sure that it's paid on time and my account won't be suspend?

2. Am I manually able to pay, say a week before my next bill and autopay will take that top up first?

3. When looking at the autopay page, I see 2 dates, one says pay by May 7th while the other says pay by May 8th. Which one is the correct date?

4. If say autopay fails and the payment doesn't go through, what happens to my service?

Thanks for any help! It's my first prepaid service, I was always on post paid before.

3 REPLIES 3

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@McSlickster

To add to what @RobertQc said about question 3 the official payment date.

I just want you to keep in mind that if the service is 30 or 90 the due date will likely not be on the same days in the month due to 29/31 day months. Rewards credited to you seem to occur on particular days in the month.

If you have any questions about rewards please visit Here first

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
To add to what @RobertQc said, even if you have enough funds in your account and auto-pay set up you will still get a text message 1-3 days before your renewal date reminding you to pay for renewal.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@McSlickster wrote:

Hello! I recently joined Public and had a few questions about autopay!

1. Are there settings for autopay? Like am I able to set autopay to be a week before it's due to make sure that it's paid on time and my account won't be suspend?

2. Am I manually able to pay, say a week before my next bill and autopay will take that top up first?

3. When looking at the autopay page, I see 2 dates, one says pay by May 7th while the other says pay by May 8th. Which one is the correct date?

4. If say autopay fails and the payment doesn't go through, what happens to my service?

Thanks for any help! It's my first prepaid service, I was always on post paid before.

@McSlickster

1) No, but thats a great idea.

2) Yes, and I highly suggest everyone does it. Unfortunately, sometimes auto pay fails. Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

3) If you look around the self serve pages, you will see two days, a top up day and payment day.  The one shown in the overview page is the day they want people who do manual top ups to put money into the account.  The next day, early in the morning is when the funds are converted into a payment.  The payment day is also shown.

If today was your payment due date, then here's what to expect:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" sometime before midnight tonight.
2. Conversion of all rewards (including autopay) to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment not collected yet at this point.  Account will show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), plan will be renewed. Account status will then show "active."

4) Your service gets suspended. You can try to re-activate by making a manual payment, but your service would already be disconnected, and you have 90 days before your account / number is deleted.

Need Help? Let's chat.