cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Autopay Not being applied on the account

Hello all,

Today is the beginning of my monthly billing cycle. This morning, I received my reward for having autopay setup. However, autopay has not been activated yet. When I attempt to manually add funds to my account via *611 or through self-serve, it does not go through.

Under my self-serve, it also says that my account is suspended.

I know that I can ignore that error since I have autopay setup, but I still have been unable to make any calls or texts for 5 hours.

Any help would be appreicated.

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Autopay Not being applied on the account

A lot of issues here. Best to contact a moderator by clicking ?, bottom right, and follow instructions to submit a ticket.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Oracle

@cookiesandgilk  how much are your available funds? $0 or your plan amount?

This link might be helpful

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Tyr the $1 trick before lost stolen

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is 2$  on my account right now.

Highlighted
Oracle

Try deleting your credit card and Adding it again.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A lot of issues here. Best to contact a moderator by clicking ?, bottom right, and follow instructions to submit a ticket.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Oracle

@PAULRANG18  I think it's a bit early to contact mods. I believe there was an issue processing the credit card, so the easiest way to fix that is to remove it then add it or a new one.  If they can't get the service going after that they can contact moderators or even buy a voucher and do a manual payment, instead of waiting for a reply.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@cookiesandgilk If your plan was up for renewal and your phone is still working you can ignore this message. The temporary plan suspension although confusing is a normal part of Public Mobile's renewal process and in many ways it's best to simply not monitor the account during the renewal process.

If you are not familiar with the Public Mobile renewal process the temporary suspended status could easily cause concern and panic and and cause the customer to take uncecessary actions (Making onetime payments) that ofter result in account suspension possibly requiring moderator intervention and uncessary downtime.

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. In the early hours, if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AP credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

Highlighted
Oracle

I'm sorry, but @geopublic  did you read the entire first post?  The last sentence states:

"I know that I can ignore that error since I have autopay setup, but I still have been unable to make any calls or texts for 5 hours."

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo  Yes, i did just pointing out that if intervening while the renewal is in progress there is a risk of the account getting suspended.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cookiesandgilk wrote:

Hello all,

Today is the beginning of my monthly billing cycle. This morning, I received my reward for having autopay setup. However, autopay has not been activated yet. When I attempt to manually add funds to my account via *611 or through self-serve, it does not go through.

Under my self-serve, it also says that my account is suspended.

I know that I can ignore that error since I have autopay setup, but I still have been unable to make any calls or texts for 5 hours.

Any help would be appreicated.

Try to re-enable your Autopay service, restart your device, and try to add extra funds manually again. If reactivation button didn't help, you can ask for moderator's help: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions.