cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay Not Working again?

bbqpeanut
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So I had autopay fail 3 months ago on my 90 day plan. I fixed it and PM confirmed it (and still somehow owe me a $120 refund from 6 months ago but aren't getting around to it).

Today rolls around and I get a text telling me my plan is suspended because i didn't pay but I also got a text telling me I got all my rewards.

My phone no longer works, again. My balance is back up to the required amount but I don't know how to use the balance to pay for my phone plan. I'm afraid that my balance will eventually go to $240 (as last time I added money to my balance, autopay took money separately anyway and PM was never able to get me my money back).

What am i supposed to do? this is absurd. Is it just a complaint to BBB now? How do I reactivate my phone plan? I thought the point of autopay was to get things paid without me coming to the forum every 3 months.

14 REPLIES 14

bbqpeanut

It's been a couple days now and still nothing. No mod response or anything. What the hell. Why am i here EVERY 90 days to deal with this **bleep**?

bbqpeanut

So my phone plan still isn't working and it pulled money from me like 20 hours ago =/

I'm so glad this is happening every 3 months.

bbqpeanut

I don't spend time on many other forums, especially not forums for telecommunications providers, but is it common that people tell you how to complain to a governing body with no one else in the forum or company caring? Seems like it'd be easier for PM to just hire more employees to deal with CS than have this happen.

@bbqpeanut wrote:

I've been trying to leave since June. I was told a refund request would take about 3 weeks and requested it around June. In September I followed up and they said they were now months behind on requests. Even if I wasn't trying to migrate to Koodo, if PM still owes me money, I can't close my plan.

Either toggling lost/found phone fixed my issue or having upped my balance a couple hours earlier finally kicked in at coincidentally the same time. I still can't call though.

If 3 months of time has resolved nothing, then I strongly suggest seeking CCTS intervention.  Note that in your complaint, you need to provide evidence of contact with the carrier to resolve the issue. You should mention also that the protracted refund process has hampered your ability to take advantage of a migration offer and that as part resolving your complaint you want the migration offer made available to you exclusively after you receive appropriate refund.

@bbqpeanut Immediately switch to a 30 day plan, if you are planning to leave. Also, turn off autopay for now, and make no new payments.

Man, what a mess. We're like Don Quixote.

william windmills.jpeg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bbqpeanut

I've been trying to leave since June. I was told a refund request would take about 3 weeks and requested it around June. In September I followed up and they said they were now months behind on requests. Even if I wasn't trying to migrate to Koodo, if PM still owes me money, I can't close my plan.

Either toggling lost/found phone fixed my issue or having upped my balance a couple hours earlier finally kicked in at coincidentally the same time. I still can't call though.

@bbqpeanut wrote:

Well I've now had issues with my plan every single time I've had to renew even though it's on autopay. On my last time I had to buy a new sim and plan for the month while dealing with this. I'm trying desperately to leave PM but I can't given that PM won't refund my balance for overbilling me within a reasonable amount of time. I wanted to leave for Koodo's deal but $180 barely covers my 3 month contract, let alone the money PM owes me.

My balance now says $0 after losing and finding my phone, but I sitll can't make calls after I restarted my phone.

Are you saying that toggling the lost/stolen phone function resulted in funds be taken from the account and applied as a payment?  This is odd.  I have tried that feature and it does not affect account funds. 

With respect to seeking a refund, it is reasonable that you work with the moderators to the complete the process.  If there are any unreasonable roadblocks, the CCTS is your friend.  Bear in mind, they take time to process a complaint and so it is generally best to work with a cooperating carrier. 

On the migration offer, that is water under the bridge now.  The offer is expired.  Maybe next time. 

bbqpeanut

Yes it does say Active but i still can't make calls. I've reset my phone a few times now.

bbqpeanut

RBC Avion Visa

@bbqpeanut

Is your account status active now?  in the self service account....  you could try the lost/stolen/found trick again....   

Otherwise, you may need to contact moderator.

bbqpeanut

Well I've now had issues with my plan every single time I've had to renew even though it's on autopay. On my last time I had to buy a new sim and plan for the month while dealing with this. I'm trying desperately to leave PM but I can't given that PM won't refund my balance for overbilling me within a reasonable amount of time. I wanted to leave for Koodo's deal but $180 barely covers my 3 month contract, let alone the money PM owes me.

My balance now says $0 after losing and finding my phone, but I sitll can't make calls after I restarted my phone.

@bbqpeanut wrote:

So there isn't just a button to apply the available funds to the balance? It seems like every time I try it just asks for another $120. I loaded $17 into my balance 20 min ago to top up to the required amount.

I had a reactivation issue a couple of weeks ago.  If the account does not auto renew, there should be a button in the top of the overview page to reactivate.  I refuse to hit that button over and over as doing so mean making additional payments.  I did it once and once only.  Interestingly, my suspended account went to active status on its own after about 3 days.  By the time the moderator team were able to process my ticket at day 4, they told me my account was working already.  I am not sure whether this will happen here. 

BTW, asking for refunds is not so easy and this is why I don't recommend to anyone to take any actions that result in adding more funds to an account that is already fully funded.  With respect to issues resolution not meeting expectations, the CCTS is the recourse not the BBB.  This knowledge base article covers how to seek CCTS intervention. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/About-The-CCTS/ta-p/33309

bbqpeanut

So there isn't just a button to apply the available funds to the balance? It seems like every time I try it just asks for another $120. I loaded $17 into my balance 20 min ago to top up to the required amount.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bbqpeanut

That must be frustrating.  If you have enough balance, but it won't renew, you could message moderator, but it takes 2-3 days to respond.  A couple of tricks that we have learned the last month or so if you want to try.  

1.  Report your phone lost/stolen.  Logout.  Login 5 minutes later and report your phone found.  That sometimes re-trigger your sim/plan

2.  Manually load $1 into your account.  It sometimes restart the activation process.  

Let us know if either one works.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Need Help? Let's chat.