cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay Failed

sy95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

It is saying that my plan expired due to non-payment, however I am on AutoPay.

I know the linked credit card is working as my girlfriend's AutoPay is linked to the same credit card, we have the same payment due dates, and hers went through fine on the same day.

Please assist!

9 REPLIES 9

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

I believe Popping has made a strong point. One credit card, two exact payments at the same time? Autopay has failed at times, according to community members.

Two payments with the same card on the same day is usually fine. It's the third payment with the same card that may raise a potential fraud alert.

Also @sy95 has stated that the credit card provider checked and saw only one attempt to charge the credit card.

@sy95 wrote:

@Staliger Is this an often heard problem? As between my girlfriend and I, neither of us has had a problem with Autopay since we both joined public mobile last February. I would prefer to set it and forget it as opposed to have to manually pay a two small bills monthly. I would imagine their billing automation should be quite robust since they should be leveraging Telus's billing automation.

There was someone on here yesterday, with the same problem, and that person had been with PM for about 2yrs., and up until the last couple of days, auto-pay had worked flawlessly, so yeah, there's some sort of occasional glitches, and it seems you never know who's gonna get hit next. And yes, I've only been with PM a little over a month now, and I've read about this same problem on these forums several times.... apparently it's one of PM's issues you should be aware of, if you're here to save a few bucks on your monthly phone bill.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I believe Popping has made a strong point. One credit card, two exact payments at the same time? Autopay has failed at times, according to community members.

@sy95 

There should be no penalty at all.

Your amount owing should be the cost of your plan minus your credits/rewards, then add taxes. If you notice any mistakes, you can always notify Moderators.

On the rare occasion, AutoPay does fail sometimes. Public Mobile billing is not foolproof.

sy95

@LovesToPM  I do not have service/my phone is not working, that is what prompted me to check my public mobile account and see that the plan had expired. Will there be a penalty/loss of rewards that I need to get a moderator to correct if I manually do it now that the plan expired?

@popping  I just checked with my credit card provider and they say that there was only one attempt to charge my credit card.

@Staliger Is this an often heard problem? As between my girlfriend and I, neither of us has had a problem with Autopay since we both joined public mobile last February. I would prefer to set it and forget it as opposed to have to manually pay a two small bills monthly. I would imagine their billing automation should be quite robust since they should be leveraging Telus's billing automation.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@sy95 wrote:

Hi,

I know the linked credit card is working as my girlfriend's AutoPay is linked to the same credit card, we have the same payment due dates, and hers went through fine on the same day.

Please assist!

@sy95 Sometimes, Autopay doesn't work properly. In order to prevend such problems like yours, it is recommended to do manual payment even with enabled Autopay.

@sy95 

First check if your phone is working. If your renewal was last night and your phone is still working, then all is well. There is nothing else to do. Your account status goes through several updates during the renewal process. Best to stay off your account until about 2pm EST when the whole process is complete.

Otherwise if you have no phone service, can you logon your account and make a manual payment? If you see a button to reactivate service, try clicking on it.

sy95

It could be that, however it has worked fine on the credit card side setup like this since October. I will check.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sy95 wrote:

Hi,

Please assist!

Two transactions relatively closed together may have triggered bank fraud prevention system to allow only one transaction to go through and not the other.

Need Help? Let's chat.