cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay Disruption

LMH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've had my plan on autopay for years. The credit card used for autopay has not changed.

Today my transaction didn't go through automatically so I was cut off. When I went in to check the autopay details a credit card populated in that section was incorrect. Not my credit card. Not any of my credit cards. Not a cancelled one. Just a credit card that is/wasn't mine.

Has this happened to anyone else?

20 REPLIES 20

@andrewmckinley if it's been more than 3 hours then create ticket using SIMon. these tickets have a faster response time

@andrewmckinley wrote:

@gpixel I have already reached out and connected with a moderator. Been waiting for a reply. Should I reach out again?  

@andrewmckinley  It's usually advised to only submit another message if no response for 48 hours.  Just keep checking your envelope icon regularly for a reply.

andrewmckinley

@gpixel I have already reached out and connected with a moderator. Been waiting for a reply. Should I reach out again?  

@andrewmckinley send customer support a private message here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

andrewmckinley

I tried to pay over the phone. Bot dude said that the credit card wouldn't go through and to contact my credit card. Not sure what to tell them because it is working everywhere else.  

andrewmckinley

Yes, and browsing through here there are others with the same issue. I am also locked out of my Account. It has cost me a big chunk of the day.   

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LMH  Wow scary stuff!!😬😯🤯

@parhamr Nope. My issue was my credit card is still on my account, but my phone was inactive today. Autopay was today. Public mobile didnt charge my credit card.

i see, that's a normal thing. if your card hasn't received a new expiry date, you can pay making a manual payment. choose the option "other, enter desired amount" then once you have "available funds" click the reactivate button. you can also call 611 to make a payment

@parhamr wrote:

Been a customer for 5 years and today my account doesn't work.

Same issue. Not happy at all.

@parhamr   Your CC isn't expired and needs to be updated?  Did the payment go through if today was your renewal?  You can try clicking the Reactivate button if the payment failed and then restart your phone.

parhamr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have contacted the moderators. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@LMH 

If I was you I would change password and security questions right away.

Then contact moderators.

It may be that a kid was playing if you have your credentials saved, usually people don't hack in to put their own cards for payment

parhamr

Nope. My issue was my credit card is still on my account, but my phone was inactive today. Autopay was today. Public mobile didnt charge my credit card.

@parhamr you have a different card on your account as well?

parhamr

Been a customer for 5 years and today my account doesn't work.

Same issue. Not happy at all.

LMH

Very strange indeed. PWD updated! I've reached out to the MOD team.

Thx.

LotusB

What an unusual discovery! As a cautious suggestion, maybe update your account password just in case someone has unauthorized access to your account.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a disturbing finding.  First time I have seen this reported.  Definitely reach out to the moderator team and find out if they have records of when the credit card was changed in the account.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should contact a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@LMH wrote:

I've had my plan on autopay for years. The credit card used for autopay has not changed.

Today my transaction didn't go through automatically so I was cut off. When I went in to check the autopay details a credit card populated in that section was incorrect. Not my credit card. Not any of my credit cards. Not a cancelled one. Just a credit card that is/wasn't mine.

Has this happened to anyone else?

@LMH contact a moderator imediately somethings not right to  contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator       check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@LMH interesting... this hasn't happened to me. contact customer support 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Need Help? Let's chat.