cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay Did Not Work

HuorCulnamo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am asking on behalf of my mother. Her payment is due today (Jan 26, 2017) but autopay did not work. My credit card did not get charged for the service but I did successfully set up autopay for her.

What should I do at this point? Will her line get cut tomorrow?

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

timatkins

Hello! My autopay didn't work, though it is setup correctly. My account is now suspended. Is there anything we can do before i try a manual payment? Thank you!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @reh,

I sent you a message about an hour ago with a resolution, please view it 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

reh

Hi @Mary_M

Please resolve my issue. Service may have worked for a few minutes, enough for me to receive a text saying  auto payment did not go through and to make a payment.

I have sent more details via private message and also other questions.

Currently out of service again.

Thanks

Reh

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @reh,

thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm really sorry to hear that your autopay feature did not kick in. This is a small bug we are currently experiencing but I can definitely assist. Please send me your phone number via private message, we'll need to validate your account in order to proceed 🙂

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

reh

Hi,

I have the same issue as described in this thread, however my phone (data, phone, text) all not working. I tried calling my phone and it goes to voicemail and was able to listen to messages. Thats the only thing that works. I can't be out of service - kids to pick up and coordination!

Please help!

@Shazia_K

HuorCulnamo

Totally. It scared me when I saw the big bold message saying the account was suspended but it wasn't in reality. Account balance says payment was due on 26th and the suspension message showed up on the very same day. However, they charged me on the 27th instead. Perhaps that message should only show up after PM has attempted to charge my credit card. I'm sure the current approach scares a lot of people. 

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good conversation.  Mine is going to be renewed the first time soon.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This really needs to be in an FAQ somewhere.  "Is your account due to renew tomorrow, and you're worried about your account status in the self-service area?  Don't be.  It's fine"

HuorCulnamo

Thanks, @NDesai and @DragonSpecV.

I see an authorized charged on my credit card this morning and my mother's account doesn't have the "Account Expired" and "Account Suspended" message anymore. Everything is good to go now.

Thanks again.

DragonSpecV
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Hey @HuorCulnamo assuming Auto-pay is active your mother would have received 1 of 2 text messages.

If Auto-pay successful:

"Public Mobile here. Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfully renewed! Let's keep the conversation going."

If, just like you say, your CC was not charged, and for some reason your auto-pay did not work, you would have gotten this message:

"Public Mobile here. Sorry your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. Make a payment at publicmobile.ca/selfserve."

I'm pretty rough with my CC and got that a few times as my CC was maxed, so couldn't automatically renew. I just purchased a voucher and *611 to top up.

You can also make one time payments using your CC as well to make an immediate payment to the account.

Hope that helps!

- DragonSpecV

@HuorCulnamo wrote:

Thanks, @NDesai.

Her account is now showing "Account Status: Plan Expired" in red. Not a good sign?

I will keep my eyes on it.

No, that's normal for everyone as i said. You will also see Suspended warning on top. Ignore both and check it in the morning. 

HuorCulnamo

Thanks, @NDesai.

Her account is now showing "Account Status: Plan Expired" in red. Not a good sign?

I will keep my eyes on it.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

This is normal for everyone during renewal. As long as you continue to get the service, your account status will be back to normal in the morning. The payment will go through sometimes at midnight. 

Since you have AutoPay enabled with valid payment method, you don't need to do anything. If something goes wrong in the morning, let us know. 

Need Help? Let's chat.